storm stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtgold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
nutmeg state
After hurricane Irene I had to use generators/car batteries/inverter and I noticed the generators weren't performing as expected.I slapped a digital voltmeter on both and they were only putting out 105v no load.Luckily there was a screw on the carb for tweaking the speed up,so I set both for 125v no load.
The storm did knock my 80cm motorized dish off by 10 degrees,even tho I thought I had it aimed for minimal damage.I was able to watch the weather channel on 72w as soon as the rain stopped, running the tv/sat receiver off the inverter.I used the inverter from dusk to bedtime and generators during the day to recharge the batteries and keep the fridges freezing water. Power was off for 6.5 days.My road was blocked for 2 days.

Sounds like Coleman brand. If they are, trust me, the best thing you can do is sell them and buy a better gen.

cummins tools 3kw generator made in china,actually one 2wire electrical connector internal wasn't connected all the way.I found that problem a few years ago and connected it properly.It was that way from the factory.With a heavy load you would get the initial motor jerk and the connection would fail,no ac output.
The 800w was a chicago electric,made in china also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts