Strange 722k DVR "Hiccup"

eacalhoun

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 20, 2006
Morganton, NC
There is likely no real reason/answer as to "why" I had a DVR hiccup on my 722k late last week. But, I am always curious to see if others have had similar experiences. First, the timer setup: For "The Young and the Restless"; TV2; WBTV-3-CBS; Mon-Fri. I also have a timer setup for "The Big Bang Theory"; TV1; WBTV-2-CBS; New Episodes. Now, the playback: My wife usually watches "Y&R" every evening after work and deletes the recording, and she did just this on Friday evening. During Saturday morning breakfast, we watch "Big Bang". This past Saturday morning, we did the same - but when I started the "Big Bang" recording, we started seeing "Y&R". The recorded program info displayed everything for "Big Bang" like the correct guide info and that the recording was 32 mins long. To add to the mystery, when I advanced past the :32 min mark the "Y&R" program continued another 28 mins for its full hour - although the lower-screen DVR display remained at 0:00 for the final 28 mins. Strange stuff!

I've actually had a similar occurrence happen to me a couple of times as well - (Not on the Young and Restless ;)). I have no idea why It occurred.

As a side note, my 722k has slowly been degrading and the DVR has become unrealiable since then so I am waiting to hear back from a DIRT member right now on getting the receiver replaced.

I would advise to monitor the DVR and if you have more "hiccups" occuring frequently, it could be a problem with the receiver.

Reactions: eacalhoun

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts