Strange DVR playback behavior

satnewb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Mar 9, 2011
New Baltimore, MI
Was watching the latest episode of L&O SVU last night. Recorded it on the OTA tuner on HWS on Wednesday night.

When the playback started, there was an audio overlay describing what was happening in the scene. As an example, imagine a narrator saying "Sargent Benson looks at Detective Tutuola and nods her head as they walk out of her office", and then 5 seconds later it happens. I didn't think much of it, thought maybe it was my imagination, but the wife even looked up from her ipad and asked if I did something in the settings and inquired why the show was being narrated.

I tried to re-create it on a Joey this morning but it played back like normal. Strange indeed.

It wasn't the dialogue for the show though. It was essentially describing facial expressions, etc.

Edit: you said visually impaired, not hearing impaired. I will check. Thanks.

I have no idea how it would have gotten turned on. Have never used SAP before. Didn't do anything besides click on the tile and hit play.

I have no idea how it would have gotten turned on. Have never used SAP before. Didn't do anything besides click on the tile and hit play.

Selecting Spanish on the Alternate Audio menu will provide the secondary audio feed on channels when it is available.

• If no secondary feed is available then the customer will hear the primary feed
  • Spanish on English channels
  • English on Spanish channels
  • Other on International channels
  • Descriptive Video (an audio narration service for the visually impaired) will be the secondary audio feed on some channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)