Strange issue with HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Matty_G

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2017
Chester, VA
Last night I was recording 2 programs on non-local channels. I was watching local channel at same time. Tried to switch to ESPN and my HWS would not let me. It brought it to the activity screen. When I selected the local channel and selected release tuner to change channel it came right back to the activity screen. I had to turn off HWS, turn on Joey in bedroom (previous channel it had been on was non-local), tune to ESPN, turn on HWS, join in progress. Finally turn off Joey in bedroom. Then it would let me change to other channels. Anyone else have that issue? It was very annoying.

If you had PTAT turned on, then all tuners were in use ( 2 channels recording, and PTAT recording). If you did not have PTAT turned on, then you should have been able to change the channel on the tuner that you were watching live.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It wouldn't let you switch because all of the tuners were in use.

My Joey was off. No one was using Dish Anywhere. I was recording 2 things, watching 1. The tuner I was using to watch was 'free', but it wouldn't let me change the channel even when I selected to free up the tuner on the activity screen.

If you had PTAT turned on, then all tuners were in use ( 2 channels recording, and PTAT recording). If you did not have PTAT turned on, then you should have been able to change the channel on the tuner that you were watching live.

PTAT was off. It was a strange bug. Even if I were recording all 3 tuners selecting to free up the tuner on the activity screen should allow me to change the channel.

I have had similar bugs with my HWS. Sometimes, my HWS thinks that I am still viewing a recording after I have stopped the recording and switched to live TV. When that happens, I can't change channels because the HWS thinks that the tuner is still in use.

Reactions: Matty_G
Yep. I see it now and then. Known issue. Probably to be fixed right after they release that USB keyboard for the 721.

Ha, glad to know I'm not the only one... This is the first time I've come across this in the 2+ years I've had Dish. But Dish's hardware and software is superior to that of DTV and Comcast (in my experience).

Reactions: JSheridan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)