Strange New Generic Icons on H3

parp

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
Anybody else seeing some strange new generic icons on their Hopper 3?

They seem to be on random shows. They appear this way on my DVR screen and also when I go to info. They are this way on my Joey 2 as well.

99% of the icons on my system are ok, but this drives me crazy.

See attached pics.

Wondering if Dish is going through some changes/issues, or if I should move all of my programs to an EHD and do a factory reset.

Anybody?

IMG_0111.jpg IMG_0112.jpg IMG_0113.jpg IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0115.jpg IMG_0117.jpg IMG_0119.jpg IMG_0120.jpg

I have seen these as well - not pretty at all. Does Dish provide the icons or are they from Tribune (or whoever gives the guide data now)?

So it's not just me. The thing that sucks is they FINALLY resolved the icon issue on the EHDs and now this. Ugh.

It's not much better than the old title list we had with the VIPs series of Dvrs.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I am seeing this too on the Hopper 2 with the Carbon UI update beta. It definitely needs to change as it looks awful.

I'm seeing them on our 2 HwS, some in place of perfectly good icons that use to be there. It's the same 'ol same 'ol thing with Tribune and DISH doing what ever they can to make the guide and or UI unappealing or unusable.

Ha Ha! I was just thinking about that and snapped this before I saw your post. Over the years we all have seen icons change at odd times, but this time it struck me as funny. The Goldbergs is some dude with a hottie on the couch.

Like he's really thinking about what's on the television.

2016-10-06 20.23.52.jpg

Reactions: Larry Allen
Maybe they are transitioning things and we should stop second guessing :) and see what happens. After all, it's not like we can't watch the programs....

Not sure if related, but I notice that recent sporting events I've recorded have tiles with team logos are mismatched. (i.e., the team logos shown on the tile don't match the teams from in the game that was recorded). Every NASCAR race that's been recorded since the Watkins Glen race in August, all get a program tile showing the Watkins Glen "Cheez-It 355" race logo.

Reactions: simplexswrhs90
The weird thing is the logos are correct on dish anywhere. Some are older pics but at least they are of the show. Dish evidently has correct logos somewhere they are using. Weird how they are different on my hws from the ones on dish anywhere.

I actually like them. People are way more visual than textual

In what way do you consider these new generic "stock photo" program tiles better, or "more visual", than the original Hopper program tiles? To your point, these new generic ones are more textual than they were before, since many have the same photos and only thing different is the piece of text scrawled across it with program title. And even the text item is in the exact same font on all of them. Seems like the overall effect is actually less visual than before.

In what way do you consider these new generic "stock photo" program tiles better, or "more visual", than the original Hopper program tiles? To your point, these new generic ones are more textual than they were before, since many have the same photos and only thing different is the piece of text scrawled across it with program title. And even the text item is in the exact same font on all of them. Seems like the overall effect is actually less visual than before.

Whoops misread the post, thought he meant titles in general. Didn't see that he mentioned only the generic ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts