Strange problem on BEC 2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Hope someone has a cure.
Customer recently remodeled their condo, the entertainment has moved from east wall to west wall. so, I have to trust the customer what he said. This highrise building does has cable, I had the diplexer placed at cable room for both cable and satellite and inside the unit does split to two line for cable and satellite input.

All in working condition when other components pluged to the power such amplifier, phono, new Sony HDTV,. CD player, but dvd/vcr combo box not work right, rca cable from dvd/vcr output direct to tv's video 1 or 2 port produce nothing, but plug the video cable to component Y port from the dvd/vcr box, the TV will has the black and white picture but no sound, tell customer try to use the component cable and see what happen, now, to the satellite part.

All cables connected, turned on the receiver, after receiver boot, then front panel light is flashing, the whole thing flash, then it dime to just one digital letter flash, sound to me is the power supply section has problem or someone messed up the wire from cable room to unit, but its not after I checked the cable from cable room to condo unit, seems no messsing, disconnect incoming cable from satellite to receiver, replug the power and reboot, all light stayed for few second then flashing again, disconnect video cable from tv to receiver, yes, light up stayed a while then again flashing again, then dime again. this test, no matter the receiver connected or disconnected to anything, it just not working right. cable side working no problem.

If I disconnect incoming cable, turn on the receiver it will tell no signal in normal, but not flashing, so I finally tell customer will bring in a new receiver and took the suppose bad receiver home and check what the problem, but but, when I connected everything and power up, everything is working without problem at my home. Do you guy think the power souce problem at customer home ?? But other components are working without problem and just the satellite receiver and maybe dvd/vcr combo box.

As far as the DVD/VCR combo, sounds like the unit is in the progressive scan mode but the TV is not or not capable of handling that mode. Or the TV is set up in a different mode and the unit is not.

As for the receiver, if it boots up without the coax connected but has a problem when you connect the coax, that tells me to start looking there. Can you bypass the duplexer/splitters and run a straight cable from the LNB just to test it? Could you have a ground loop problem running through the cable? Could something in the cable be acting as a short, causing a power drain in the receiver's circuits and not allow boot up? If you have one of those electrical plug testers, you could make sure the power receptacle's wiring is correct. Just guessing. Have fun.

O.K. after test, the problem is the single coaxial cable from diplexer that from cable room, connected to a regular splitter, and the wire from wall jack at living room that customer said is satellite wire also from the same splitter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)