Strange Problem.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JFS7931

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2004
For some reason I can only control the 522 through the blue tv2 remote control. I thought this was for the secondary tv in a distant location. I've tried everything I can think of to switch it back to the green remote being number one but can't. I think my problem started when I switched from Dual Mode to Single.

Either remote should work when you are in Single Mode and Shared View is enabled. That would explain why you can use the TV2 remote.

To find out why the TV1 remote isn't working try the following: (the first few are obvious and are included for completeness only, I don't mean to insult anyone's intelligence :D )

- Make sure the batteries are good.
- TV1 remote only works in front of the DVR, unlike the TV2 remote which works behind walls.
- The SAT button lights up on the remote when you try to control the 522 (if not, press SAT).
- The address on the remote got changed and no longer matches the address on the receiver.

The last one is probably most likely. What you need to do is press the SYSTEM INFO button on the 522 while it is powered on. On the SYSTEM INFO screen, you will see an address for TV1. The default is 1, but just make a note of whatever it is. Press and hold the SAT button on the TV1 remote until all four lights on it flash. Then type in the address and press '#' (this sets the remote's address), then press RECORD to make sure the receiver uses the same address (which it should since you used the same address number it was already set to). The TV1 remote should now work. If not, something may be wrong with it.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)