strange problems, need help.

xing68

Original poster
May 3, 2007
Hi,
I am a dishnetwork customer, recently I am having this strange problem:
I could not recieve any channels from Satellite 118, transponder 6. I did reset, remove/reconnect poswer, switch test, but didn't fix the problem. I am getting all other channels from the same satellite but different transponder. In the point dish screen, there is no any signal for transponder 6, but with other transponders on the same satellite, I got signal strength 70+.

Anybody have any thought?
Thanks a lot!
Xing

Yes, I have subscription on channel 686, 676, 696, 697, 702 etc, they are all on transponder 6, and I have 0 signal on them.
We watch them almost everyday, it just dropped from this Sunday.
My neighbour half mile away don't have this problem, is there anything I can do myself?
Thanks!

The lower transponders are spot beams. Are you missing any channels you should be getting?

Make the call

I would call Dish and go thru the customer service gauntlet and see if they can help.

Regards, Eric

On Sunday/Monday, Dish started transferring channels from AMC16 sat to ANIK F3. Try two things to correct your problem: 1) Hold power button on receiver in until lights flash--and then let the receiver reboot. 2) If that did not do it, run a "check Switch" operation (menu 6-1-1 screen).

Well, I called Dish already, and they asked me to do the reset and test switch, but did not fix it. So today, a dish guy came and checked connections, dish, switch, swapped cable, changed spliter, still the same problem. He ordered a new receiver for me, let's hope when I got the receiver, everything is back up...
Thanks for all your advices.

OK, today I got my new receiver, but the problem still there.
So if I only have problem with one of the transponders on that SAT118, which part should be reponsible? LNB maybe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts