Strange Receiver Issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.
LOL some great lines in that post. Hope you get it worked out tho.

I called in just now and went directly to cancellations. It took me all of 5 minutes to speak with a retention representative that was the most helpful anyone at DTV has been. I told him that all I want is working equipment, but he decided that a technician visit at my house was the best way to make sure everything was in proper working condition. Shockingly, this service call comes at no charge. The technical support representatives, and their supervisors weren't able to get me any service like this. I guess sometimes it takes the cancellations department to understand that a customer isn't satisfied.

Yeah, I have called in, so I guess tech isn't the appropriate name, but a technical support representative/agent. They believe it needs to be replaced, but that 20 clams ($19.95) charge really pisses me off. I had two DVRs with DISH die in my time (both were over 3 years in my house before they gave out) and I had two other single tuner boxes give us some fits, so they exchanged them. DISH did it all without ever charging me a single penny more than I was already paying. I never carried the DISH protection plan and they always took care of me as a customer. I was with them for over 7 years (November '03 through April '11) , and truth be told I had every intention of staying with DTV that long if they took care of me, but I'm now reevaluating that. The charge is an issue, and the protection plan stuff is just a scam, but I may do it to save some cash in this sense. I would rather pay the $20 for them to switch it out, but they do not even cover that receiver for 90 days. So if they send me a dead box, I'm on the hook again for another $20. It really tells me one thing, if they refuse to stand by their product like that, they know that their product is, pardon my french, sh#!

All you have to do after it's fixed is call back and tell them and they usually drop the fee.
Had you had the Protection plan, there would be no fee.

Does DISH have a PP or is it integrated into thier price from the beginning ?

I called in just now and went directly to cancellations. It took me all of 5 minutes to speak with a retention representative that was the most helpful anyone at DTV has been. I told him that all I want is working equipment, but he decided that a technician visit at my house was the best way to make sure everything was in proper working condition. Shockingly, this service call comes at no charge. The technical support representatives, and their supervisors weren't able to get me any service like this. I guess sometimes it takes the cancellations department to understand that a customer isn't satisfied.

It's not the threat of cancelling that did it, it's the fact that you got past the 1st level Customer Service Rep (CSR) most of them can only read from the script and give basic info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)