Strange signal problem - KTLA

davidtbc

Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
I'm trying to figure out a problem I'm having with KTLA in Los Angeles (channel 5). I've got a 722 hooked up via HDMI to a TV1 and then via the coaxial cable to a remote TV2.

Everything has been working fine but now when I try to watch KTLA on TV1 I get the SIGNAL LOST - ACQUIRING SATELLITE SIGNAL and an attempt to acquire the signal on satellite 119 transponder 20 progress 0/5. It never gets past 0.

Here is the strange part; I can watch KTLA just fine on TV2, so I'm clearly getting signal. In fact, I can record KTLA to my DVR via tuner 2 and then watch them on TV1 but if I try to record KTLA via tuner 1 I get a "NO SIGNAL" problem.

So for some reason tuner 1 can't find the signal for KTLA while tuner 2 sees it just fine. This doesn't happen on any other channel that I've found. Why would tuner 1 not be able to find KTLA channel 5 and only KTLA channel 5 while tuner 2 works perfectly?

Any ideas apart from waiting for it to fix itself spontaneously?

I'm trying to figure out a problem I'm having with KTLA in Los Angeles (channel 5). I've got a 722 hooked up via HDMI to a TV1 and then via the coaxial cable to a remote TV2.

Everything has been working fine but now when I try to watch KTLA on TV1 I get the SIGNAL LOST - ACQUIRING SATELLITE SIGNAL and an attempt to acquire the signal on satellite 119 transponder 20 progress 0/5. It never gets past 0.

Here is the strange part; I can watch KTLA just fine on TV2, so I'm clearly getting signal. In fact, I can record KTLA to my DVR via tuner 2 and then watch them on TV1 but if I try to record KTLA via tuner 1 I get a "NO SIGNAL" problem.

So for some reason tuner 1 can't find the signal for KTLA while tuner 2 sees it just fine. This doesn't happen on any other channel that I've found. Why would tuner 1 not be able to find KTLA channel 5 and only KTLA channel 5 while tuner 2 works perfectly?

Any ideas apart from waiting for it to fix itself spontaneously?

I'd call dish.

What mode are you running your 722 in?

I am going to guess that you are running it in dual mode.

in that case... the connection for tuner 1 may be bad.

Are you using a seperator or do you have 2 lines going to your receiver?

I checked my dish HD Channel 5 and it seems to come in fine. Did you check the SD channel 5 to see if the reception is also bad?

Not to get off topic, but depending on where you live you might be able to pull KTLA in with an antenna. If that is possible you will get true HD on much of it's programming. I live in Yucaipa way out beyond San Bernardino and Redlands and get KTLA over my antenna, but I have a large Channel Master fringe antenna with a good signal booster on it. We watch their 2 1/2 Men reruns every evening in full HD and love it, but didn't bother with it with Dish's SD feed.

Where abouts are you located?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)