Strange thing that my new docking station does

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
I've gotten an new HDD docking station. Thing is it reacts strangely when I hook it up to my 722k. If I hook it up when the VIP is on it will report that there have been too many devices hooked up. It has built into it a USB hub, esata connection and he line that hooks up to he VIP is a micro USB connector. Well if I reboot the 722k it will see it just fine and be as happy as a pig in mud. Gets real old though having to reboot though. And yes it has it's own power supply and will use either 2.5 or 3.5 HDD's. Reason I got the uni is it is angled so that it is easier for it to sit on same shelf as the 722k. The previous docking station I was using had to sit on a different shelf so that if I wanted to change HDD's I would have to pull it off the shelf and change the HDD's then put it back. This one all I have to do is pull the unit to front of shelf and switch out the HDD's.

Perhaps you need to power off the dock and then remove the drive and respond with a Select to the removal message and finally insert the new drive and power up. The DVR may not be keeping up with what you are doing so that it thinks you have two active. Also, do you have any other USB device in the either connector?
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts