Strapping lnbs together for AMC5/AMC9 etc

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Just curious if anyone has had luck strapping lnbs together to pick up AMC-5 and AMC-9 on one dish? Also, I have IA-5 and AMC-4 on one dish, and I might try for IA-6 since it is 4 degrees off the other way. Anyone have 3 lnbs on one dish with any luck? I will be using a Primestar dish. Thanks for the info!

iafirebuff said:
Just curious if anyone has had luck strapping lnbs together to pick up AMC-5 and AMC-9 on one dish? Also, I have IA-5 and AMC-4 on one dish, and I might try for IA-6 since it is 4 degrees off the other way. Anyone have 3 lnbs on one dish with any luck? I will be using a Primestar dish. Thanks for the info!

Can't see why either of the combinations you mention wouldn't work, after all you already have been able to achieve the 4 degrees with IA5 / AMC4, so you should have no problems.

Now I'm a "bracket guy" so all of my 3 LNB per dish combinations are a different setup than yours.

Thanks! I was just curious if anyone else ahs done this. I have IA5/AMC-4 and on antoher dish I have G10/IA7. I have extra parts and a litte spare time...dangerous!

iafirebuff said:
Thanks! I was just curious if anyone else ahs done this. I have IA5/AMC-4 and on antoher dish I have G10/IA7. I have extra parts and a litte spare time...dangerous!

Yes, but can be very rewarding in the end! It's the frustration in the middle that can be a problem!

Larry, look at my signature below, you will see that I have two dishes (90cm and a 1.2 meter) with 3 lnbs on them.
Bob

Here is my IA5/AMC-4 dish.

Attachments

• primestar.jpg
    primestar.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 162
  • primestar1.jpg
    primestar1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 189
  • primeclose.jpg
    primeclose.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 189
SatelliteAV developed an LNBF bracket that is designed for 4-degree spacing. They have a banner ad here so click on it when you see it when you're ready to check it out (and help make Satelliteguys.us some money). The engineers discuss its design elsewhere in this forum.

The unit only works with the special Geosatpro mini-LNBF's where the entire body is the same size as the throat width. It looks snazzy, too, and the entire bracket moves for skew.

Unfortunately it's not compatible with my two Winegards, as with most brackets they seem to be made for Geosatpro and Fortec Star feed arms, Azure Shine, etc, because the specific angle of the LNBF mount is off by about 8 degrees. I bought the satellite ministry dual-satellite dealer setup that includes the 90cm Geosatpro (nee Azure Shine), the LNBF bracket, two LNBFs, switchbox, and cables. If you already have a Geosatpro or Fortec dish you can just get the bracket and two LNBFs (and switchbox if you need it--the switchbox is also the tiniest I've ever seen).

The installation is very clean--the LNBFs are the tiniest I have ever seen. I haven't bothered to try other LNBFs with the bracket, I don't think the regular Bullet Geosatpro fits, just the new:hungry: super-mini Bullet style.

I should also mention that the super-mini LNBF also comes in a Universal version.

Last edited:
Hi Iafirebuff,

Could you please let me know how strong of the signals you get. I live in Minnesota, and I only get ~26/9 on both TP 11966 (T5) and TP 12120 (AMC4) on my 76cm Winegard dish.

And why you need a piece of wood in the back of the LNBFs? Thanks.

The reason for the wood is that the hose clamp when tightened down, was forcing the 2 lnbs to "spread" so to speak. By placing the wood there, it put pressure on the LNBs , and filled the "extra space" in. Let me check those tp's and I will get right back.

OK, on IA-5 11966 I get 56 on the Neusat, and 70 on the Fortec. On AMC-4 12120 I get 53 Neusat and 65 on the Fortec. It is raining here now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Watching KBS WORLD via Hotbird

help with installation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)