Streaming 4k Vs. DirecTV 4k

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CSM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2015
Chesterfield, MO
Hi. Somehow I accidently signed up to Amazon Prime when ordering a game and got that 30 day free trial. They had some 4k HDR Dolby Vision TV shows that were included for free. I watched some of the Jack Ryan series and too me I wasn't that impressed. I have a Sony 65" 930e with the Dolby Vision update. I do sit 12" away from it but I walked up closer to it and I still really wasn't that impressed. I think all the Ultra HD TV does is make HD look a lot better. I do like having the 65" screen and playing video games on that size screen. Also watching my favorite shows on the 65" screen. It also has six speakers built in that includes two small tweeter and two small sub woofers.

Just because it is 4K and 4K HDR/DV doesnt mean it is always going to blow you away.. Also streaming is not using the greatest bit rates either.. If you want to be blown away you need to get a 4K Blu Ray player and watch a disc

But it also depends on what it was filmed with...

HDR Dolby Vision is one of the few weaknesses of Sony TV's even this year's models. Look for TV calibrator and reviewer Vincent Teoh (Youtube), he covers this on some of his LG C8 and Sony TV reviews. The only Dolby Vision TV currently that works as expected is made by LG.

Even HDR10 doesn't look great on my Sony 930D, (overly dark and dull) IMO. Rather disappointed in the UHD experience so far.

I was researching the LG OLED C8 (reasonably priced for 65" model) is how I ran across Vincent's reviews. I don't have total trust in anything RTINGS or some of the other reviewers say because they tend to gloss over issues and aren't totally honest unpaid and independent.

I was watching some BluRay vs 4k HD DVD and they were saying their is just a slight difference in quality because most of the movies are shot in 2k and converted to 4k because of CGI and their are just a movies that are shot in 4k.

Been with my LG OLED 65 C7 for a year and D Vision does blow me away. Have an Onkyo 5.2.2 true Atmos setup and it is pretty sweet too.

DirecTV does neither but I am still sticking with it.

Sent from my XT1575 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts