Streaming is about to get very expensive

Now that you mention it, Amazon Prime (which includes other stuff) has an annual price. I also know Tennis Channel, Brit Box, Acorn TV, Curiosity Stream and some of the classic and indie movie services do too. I'm sure there are plenty of others outside of the MVPD services, Netflix, Hulu, and CBS All Access.

Please forgive me definitely Amazon Prime(which we have also annually),it's just when you get 2 for 1(Movies& Free Shipping) it really does'nt seem to qualify as a bill to me.
Next will be Pizza delivered by drones(Ready Player One).

I do not think we are that far off from the steaming services not release a full season at one time. I am not sure it will be a weekly release but I can see for a 12 episode season that they release 4 episodes at the start of a month for three months. If there are enough jumping in and out to binge watch this will happen IMO. Now you can wait until they are all released but many will not want to.
Not that big a deal to just sign up the last month alone. That's what I did when GOT was on.

I've about decided to keep Dish Flex pack, drop movie pack and add Philo - this adds Hallmark for wife, and a few other channels I like (AXS, Animal, GSN, Sundance). Cost still under $100, Dvr and guide are better, and existing recordings are not lost. My gut says in a year or less cutting the cord won't be any cheaper. Nice to have so many options though!

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I got a surprise tonight when I went to stream content from Amazon Prime Video and found that the programs that I was streaming are either no longer available or I have to pay for the content. Looking around, I couldn't find anything to stream without having to pay. I thought that I was suppose to get "free" content through my Amazon Prime membership. What happened? If this is the way it's going to be, I won't be renewing my Amazon Prime membership. I guess that I'll have to watch OTA content from now on.

I thought that I was suppose to get "free" content through my Amazon Prime membership.
There's only thousands of free programs and movies. There's also thousands of programs that aren't free.

Specifically how are you trying to access the content (computer, device, streamer, TV)?

Are you logged in?

Reactions: TheKrell