streaming mp4 files

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
I had ATT dsl and was streaming mp4 files from my pc to a Sony 370 bluray over ATT 2wire gateway. Switched to Suddenlink cable for faster internet and have tried a Linksys E2500 and a Netgear 3700 router and cannot get bluray to play the same files. The bluray sees the folders, but when I try to play them it says corrupt or un supported files. Any ideas how to fix this?

I am not tech savy and have to call my son to walk me through any thing. I can still hook up the 2wire gateway with out internet access and the bluray will still play the files fine. It looks to me that it is the router or the new internet connection causing the problem but what do I know. We tried several things on the phone last night, but made no progress. Was hoping someone has had the same problem and found a solution. Thanks anyway.

Solved the problem by not hooking computer to router with ethernet cable,. was able to connect it wireless and then ran everything through the router. Now the bluray is connected by cable to router and also bought a WD TV box for bedroom that is wireless. Everything is working perfect. For some reason hooking the router by a ethernet cable created a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)