This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

streaming services raising rates dropping channels

I'm just starting to use JustWatch, so I am no expert. My wife and I often have a hard time deciding what to watch next. This is nothing new with streaming. It has always been a problem. Anyway, putting everything we might be interested in a single watch list with trailers and suggestions makes it a bit easier to manage.

I’m the scrolling type with the kids.

I am sticking with the Welcome Pack, TiVo, and Prime
. Has everything that I need and much more. If I run out of content, I might get Netflix, but not that I can see.

As ATT buys up channels and Disney groups there channels in one package, there is less to watch on the streaming services left.

firestick is basically android..jailbreaking allows you to run 3rd party apps...what kind of warrenty do you want on a $20 device (on sale)?..its not like its a $800 phone

I don't get why AT&T would raise DIRECTV'S prices. I mean didn't they want to dismantle the company and move those subscribers to their streaming services? What happened. This strategy is not working for them? Or did the powers that be at AT&T tell them to lighten up on the strategy? Don't they need the revenue stream from DTV customers? I wouldn't just let them go like that...

They want as many Directv customers to go streaming that have the internet capabilities. They want the Directv subscribers that do not have internet capabilities to go to Directv(rural customers)

I don't get why AT&T would raise DIRECTV'S prices.
Maybe just to get rid of the "Low Value" subscribers and focus on the higher profit ones? Not all bad for their bottom line. They raise the rates 10% and lose 10% of their customers it's pretty much a wash and they can eliminate a lot of overhead (employees).

To be fair, you can do the same thing on most LIVE streaming services that you did with dish. Using the channel app vs using OTT streaming for live tv are two very different things.

Edit: I see your complaint afterwards is the channel offering? If so, then yes you need the service that offers the channels you want.

Reactions: Bruce and ncted