streaming services raising rates dropping channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
That's great (actually, I don't know if it is, because I've never used it) *IF* you know what you want to watch. Not that we watch a lot of linear TV, but we'll occasionally just scroll through the guide and see what we want. I don't like scrolling through Amazon, nope, nothing there, let me scroll through Netflix, nope, nothing there, let me look at Disney+, well, I guess I could watch that one show, was it on Amazon or Netflix?

Streaming works for some people and linear TV works for others.

I'm just starting to use JustWatch, so I am no expert. My wife and I often have a hard time deciding what to watch next. This is nothing new with streaming. It has always been a problem. Anyway, putting everything we might be interested in a single watch list with trailers and suggestions makes it a bit easier to manage.

That's great (actually, I don't know if it is, because I've never used it) *IF* you know what you want to watch. Not that we watch a lot of linear TV, but we'll occasionally just scroll through the guide and see what we want. I don't like scrolling through Amazon, nope, nothing there, let me scroll through Netflix, nope, nothing there, let me look at Disney+, well, I guess I could watch that one show, was it on Amazon or Netflix?

Streaming works for some people and linear TV works for others.
I’m the scrolling type with the kids.

I am sticking with the Welcome Pack, TiVo, and Prime
. Has everything that I need and much more. If I run out of content, I might get Netflix, but not that I can see.

As ATT buys up channels and Disney groups there channels in one package, there is less to watch on the streaming services left.

I understand that, but jailbreaking means modifying system files and inserting an exploit into the kernel or replacing the kernel with one that has rewritten code with the exploit included. It's a process that circumvents the warranty in almost all cases.

On a Firestick, it's toggling native settings that were purposely programmed into the device.
firestick is basically android..jailbreaking allows you to run 3rd party apps...what kind of warrenty do you want on a $20 device (on sale)?..its not like its a $800 phone

I don't get why AT&T would raise DIRECTV'S prices. I mean didn't they want to dismantle the company and move those subscribers to their streaming services? What happened. This strategy is not working for them? Or did the powers that be at AT&T tell them to lighten up on the strategy? Don't they need the revenue stream from DTV customers? I wouldn't just let them go like that...

I don't get why AT&T would raise DIRECTV'S prices. I mean didn't they want to dismantle the company and move those subscribers to their streaming services? What happened. This strategy is not working for them? Or did the powers that be at AT&T tell them to lighten up on the strategy? Don't they need the revenue stream from DTV customers? I wouldn't just let them go like that...
They want as many Directv customers to go streaming that have the internet capabilities. They want the Directv subscribers that do not have internet capabilities to go to Directv(rural customers)

I don't get why AT&T would raise DIRECTV'S prices.
Maybe just to get rid of the "Low Value" subscribers and focus on the higher profit ones? Not all bad for their bottom line. They raise the rates 10% and lose 10% of their customers it's pretty much a wash and they can eliminate a lot of overhead (employees).

Great show on History channel today,
Washington

Missed the first 30min
So loaded up History on firestick
Forced, unskippable commercials.

Thankfully,
Had started dvr on hopper
So only had to sit through
Commercialscfor the first 30min of streaming.

Then back to hopper dvr
Skip...skip...skip
Limited commercial interuptions.

Why I have not left dish for streaming

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!
To be fair, you can do the same thing on most LIVE streaming services that you did with dish. Using the channel app vs using OTT streaming for live tv are two very different things.

Edit: I see your complaint afterwards is the channel offering? If so, then yes you need the service that offers the channels you want.

Reactions: Bruce and ncted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts