Stretch-o-vision/ hd to sd?

slicked25

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Arkansas
Since customizing my own HD list or simply using the All HD list to view an HD channel to then switch to CNN the stretch for CNN is a lot wider while viewing when I'm in the ALL HD guide or my own HD guide. My point is in order to read the ticker better on CNN I have to go to All Channel then press up arrow till I get back around to stretch to get a better picture. CNN's not the only channel there are many just don't understand it.

Count me a completely baffled as to what you're talking about.

Are you saying that depending on the guide your using, CNN comes with differing aspect ratios?

OK, while you're in "All Channel" turn to cnn and put the screen on stretch, then press the guide button until you are on "All HD" and click on 193 SCIEN HD as if you were going to watch it now press the recall button on your remote back to CNN and you should see a wider version of stretch.

Maybe it's just my receiver with this annoying problem VIP 222 but let's look one more time and please somebody try this;

Step 1 Press guide button to All Channel list.
Step 2 Press 200 for CNN hit select.
Step 3 Press page arrow up on remote or * to Stretch.
Step 4 Press guide button to All HD list and click on any HD Ch.
Step 5 Now Press the recall button on your remote back to CNN and you should see a wider version of CNN while your guide is still in All HD. It's only then you have to press guide back to the All Channel or All Sub list to click back on CNN then by pressing either the up arrow or * back to stretch before you'll see a tighter "stretch" CNN.

CNN Headline News is the same way but so in other words I don't have this problem while in All Channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)