Stretches where one team dominated another

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
With the Browns ending their 12-game losing streak to the Steelers, it got me wondering about some other instances where one team had another team's number for a stretch of time.

Here are a few examples:

the Lions have not beaten the Redskins in Washington D.C. ever- their last road win came in 1935, when they were still the Boston Redskins.

The Patriots lost 18 straight games against Miami in the Orange Bowl from 1966 all the way up until the 1985 AFC Championship Game

My Buffalo Bills lost 15 straight games to Miami in the Orange Bowl from 1966 to 1983, as well as 20 straight overall in the 1970s

Kentucky has lost 25 straight to Tennessee
Kentucky has lost 24 straight to Florida

The Raiders lost to everyone in their division for more than like 3 straight years. Even now longer parts of that streak are still alive, the Chiefs have been down the last couple years but this year brought their winning streak to 9 AT Oakland. The Chiefs enjoyed a similar streak at home, from 2001 to 2007, but the Raiders have won the last 3 there, including the latest in OT.

The Chargers currently have a 12 game winning streak over the Raiders.

Unless they're divisional rivals, streaks don't really matter all that much IMO... rivals know so much about each other, 11 of the last 13 Raiders-Chiefs games were decided by 7 or less.

Tiger Woods is 0-1 against his wife.. Not really a streak but I think after the divorce proceedings he will be 0-2
:up:up:up

On a more serious note, back in the late 50's and 60's, when the Dodgers were strong (Koufax, Drysdale, Wills, and the Davis boys), they could not beat Cincinnati. I don't have the exact stats, but I know the loss to win ratio was huge. As a young kid Dodger fan I suffered horribly listening to those games.

From 1962 to 1971, the Harlem Globtrotters beat the Washington Generals 2,495 consecutive times. In fairness to the Globetrotters, Meadowlark Lemon did not play on the loss that ended that win streak due to injury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts