stronger signal?

nmfiredawg

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2007
What do you guys think. I am probably around 100 miles south of the edge of the spot beam for Denver Transponder 4. If I got a wing for 129 would I get a better signal?

Now the funny thing is I am getting a spotbeam on transponder 2 at signal strength of 20. I am thinking that this would be Colorado Springs, I would think that the spot beam for Colorado Springs would be smaller because of the DMA of that area.

I do not get anything on transponder 4, but maybe with a little adjustment I could.

What do you guys think. I am probably around 100 miles south of the edge of the spot beam for Denver Transponder 4. If I got a wing for 129 would I get a better signal?

Now the funny thing is I am getting a spotbeam on transponder 2 at signal strength of 20. I am thinking that this would be Colorado Springs, I would think that the spot beam for Colorado Springs would be smaller because of the DMA of that area.

I do not get anything on transponder 4, but maybe with a little adjustment I could.

Colorado Springs is intended for T2 on SB28 according to The List. A SS of 20 is pretty low. Here's the SB28 map: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB28.jpg. Are you inside it? And the NM SB: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/database/Subscription/images/CIEL2_SB35.jpg

Yeah that was the map I was looking for, and I am in that spot beam, bummer was expecting that spot beam to be smaller. Wonder why it comes so far down into NM. I am surprised that the spot beam for Denver is not angled differently. Esp since the Denver DMA goes to far southeast corner and into Wyoming more to the west.

So there might go my hope of geting a signal on transponder 4

Yeah that was the map I was looking for, and I am in that spot beam, bummer was expecting that spot beam to be smaller. Wonder why it comes so far down into NM. I am surprised that the spot beam for Denver is not angled differently. Esp since the Denver DMA goes to far southeast corner and into Wyoming more to the west.

So there might go my hope of geting a signal on transponder 4

The Denver beam doesn't even cover all its DMA according to members who posted here they cannot receive it. Someone overlayed the Denver DMA with the SB map and several counties were left out for whatever reason.

That is what I have seen, maybe they will adjust the spot beam. Now the question is how can they adjust a spot beam. Is just from frequency or what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts