Stuck in a reboot loop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
I just got my new 522, connected it and tried to do a switch test. It rebooted about halfway thru. It appears that the unit will power up, and no matter what I try to do with it, it reboots after about 2 minutes and 15 seconds.

I'm at software L161. What to do?

SimpleSimon said:
Hard to say without knowing the dish and switch configuration. I'm wondering why your installer didn't set this up?

Duh... because I am my installer. I got one of the ones that aren't supposed to be for sale on ebay.

I have a SW64 pointed at 119, 110, 61.5 but the thing does this whether it's connected or not.

boba said:
Call DISH for a replacement. Current software is L162.
It's quite common for a receiver to be slightly downlevel when shipped. If we can get it running, it'll download the current version automagically.

Well I spent some time on the phone with tech support, they said it's defective and they would not be able to add it to my account anyway, since it is supposedly only available for new lease customers. So, I will opt for a refund from the seller and wait till I can get one "legitimately".

Seems kind of unfair, I know there are valid business reasons for what they are doing, but my next-door neighbor can get one for free if he opens a new account, no matter how much I pay for one as an existing customer they can refuse to activate it.

Well, the seller didn't have the right to sell it in the first place - the 322/522 receivers are all owned by Dish and none are for sale for any reason. There are also technical reasons to not sell them, not just business reasons. You got what you deserved and I'll say no more about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)