Stupid semi-invisible ads, that cover thread comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
This is driving me nuts. I'm going to go back to a blocker if these stay. I get these ads that cover comments in threads all the time. They are worse than the full regular ads. Here is an example I've uploaded. Look in the upper left part of my thread comment. "10 Best Web site Builders":

invisible ad.gif

I've never changed the style. Bottom left-hand corner says: "Satelliteguys Classic". I'm at work, and using IE11, as all other browsers are locked down and won't work.

That's not the only ad that's like that. Right now as I'm posting, there's one right above my avatar (and sliding underneath it instead of covering it this time) that is for "World Wide Satellites"

All looks normal under test accounts and different browsers.

Since you are the only one reporting it, I am guessing that the issue is the CSS which is cached by your browser is corrupted. I would try clearing your cache, or try switching between styles to see if that clears it.

Remember after clearing your cache you need to restart the browser.

Clearing the cache didn't work, I tried that earlier anyway, but did it again just in case. I temp switched to Satelliteguys 1.4.2, and the problem went away. I then switched back to Satelliteguys Classic, and the ads are back, but they are now in-between posts, (instead of covering posts) and not see through. So they no longer block my reading.

Excellent. :)

Sometimes going between styles forces the CSS files to download to your browser again. :D

Have a good night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)