Stupid Superdish question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cooper

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 15, 2003
Long Island, NY
Although I've learned a lot lurking around dbs boards I'm not a proffessional and was wondering if someone can sum up what will need to happen for me to upgrade to superdish. Currently I have Dish500 (110&119) and another dish for 61.5. I have a legacy hookup with an sw64 going to a 508, 4900, and (2) 3700's. What will happen when I call Dish and tell them I want to upgrade to Superdish (for HDTV in the future) and how much will it cost me. I don't want HDTV right now but I am willing to commit to a contract extension.

Thanks in advance,
Coop

Unless you are in a locals area that requires SuperDish, you have to commit to a HD package to get SuperDish for $199 plus $99 installation. I think MSRP on SuperDish w/o installation is somewhere around $400-500 plus installation.

Mike500 said:
Unless you are in a locals area that requires SuperDish, you have to commit to a HD package to get SuperDish for $199 plus $99 installation. I think MSRP on SuperDish w/o installation is somewhere around $400-500 plus installation.

I believe the SuperDish is free with said committment. As yet, there have been no pricings announced for "regular" customers. I think you may be confusing the Model 6000 offer with the SuperDish offer.

what davhol said...
When SuperDish becomes available existing customers (not sure if you need to be existing HD or not) get the SD installed for FREE...provided you commit to HD-Pak for 1 year. I think you could commit to AT50 instead also.

I believe the requirement is "commit to (for 1 year) at least AT50 with EITHER HD Theater Pack OR Locals (implication that your locals will be available on the 105 location?)".

Yep, davhol would be right. The last Charlie Chat mentioned anyone that wanted the SuperDish would get the dish for free along with a free installation if you commit to one year AT50 and HD or locals in which I think would have to be located at 105. Offer ends January 31, 2004 but I would think they would extend this promotion beyond this date and offer this for 121 in the future too if you purchase channels requiring the 121 location.

This is basically a promotion for those that would need the SuperDish. In the future I wonder if they would give SuperDish owners (for 105) a promotion to upgrade with a kit or new dish for 121 as well if they need channels from that slot. I would think so with some type of commitment if they can generate some revenue in the long run from this.

The cost of the HD or local package would be cheaper than what the dish would be if you had to buy it not counting what the installatin would cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)