Stupid Superstation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GaryPen

Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
I should know the answer to this...but I don't.

Are the Supers available individually, or only in the package? I'm only interested in WPIX, and would rather not pay for the others.

If they are, are they also $1.50, like other a la carte channels?

GaryPen said:
I should know the answer to this...but I don't.

Are the Supers available individually, or only in the package? I'm only interested in WPIX, and would rather not pay for the others.

If they are, are they also $1.50, like other a la carte channels?

GaryPen:

They are available individually for $1.50. Be sure to check that you qualify for the one you want.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
GaryPen:

They are available individually for $1.50. Be sure to check that you qualify for the one you want.

NightRyder

Thanks. I already have the Supers Pack, so I would assume that I qualify for any of them individually. (I also assumed the 811 worked correctly, when I ordered it, so I could be wrong about this aspect of E, as well.)

GaryPen said:
Thanks. I already have the Supers Pack, so I would assume that I qualify for any of them individually. (I also assumed the 811 worked correctly, when I ordered it, so I could be wrong about this aspect of E, as well.)

Are you getting a bundled price? If so you won't save much by dropping the others. The Grandfathered Pricing was/is.

Supers + Distant = $8.99
Supers + Locals = $8.99
Supers + Distant + Locals = $11.99

I've heard conflicting reports about whether any price breaks exist now. If the discounts exist they are not advertised anymore.

NightRyder

GaryPen said:
I currently have:
AT120 VP $52 + Local/Super Bundle $9 = 61

If I change, it'll be:
AT120 VP w/Locals $57 + WPIX $1.50 = $58.50

$2.50 is $2.50. That's a gallon of gas. (for now.)

Don't forget the stupid $5.00 downgrade fee. :mad:

Two gallons of gas down the drain...so to speak :rolleyes:

NightRyder

Forgive me, but I'm a satellite "newbie" and was wondering what these "superstations" are and how do you know what available? The only superstations I know of are TBS and WGN, which are already included in the Dish packages. What are these other superstations you guys are referring to, how do you order them ala carte (I don't see any mention of them on Dish's website).

Thanks,
Travis

Trav said:
Forgive me, but I'm a satellite "newbie" and was wondering what these "superstations" are and how do you know what available? The only superstations I know of are TBS and WGN, which are already included in the Dish packages. What are these other superstations you guys are referring to, how do you order them ala carte (I don't see any mention of them on Dish's website).

Thanks,
Travis

They are hidden on Dish's site... Easiest way to see them is to look to see what local channels you qualify for, then they will come up in most areas. They are 5 channels, 3 WB, 2 UPN, but most of the time they have independent programming since WB/UPN has limited programming. You get to see NY, Boston, Chicago, Denver and LA stations, nice to see remote news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)