sub-channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msrebel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
Has anybody heard whether or not direct might someday add sub-channels in our local markets?

Usually only subchannels are added if its a a network affiliate

But then again here in Minneapolis we have a PBS subchannel (MN Channel) on Directv :) (a few PBS subchanels are available)

We have a PBS subchannel in NC, too. If you're in OTA range, you can add the subchannels yourself with an AM21 tuner and an antenna.

In the Fort Wayne area they dropped WFFT channel 55 then brought it back they do not broadcast Fox no more.

Dan Rose

In the Fort Wayne area they dropped WFFT channel 55 then brought it back they do not broadcast Fox no more.

Do you have a slate channel that says "For Fox programming tune to ____" and the new channel?

I know here down the road in Mankato, MN Directv started carrying the Fox subchannel. Its been around for 4 years but not carried. The market is only CBS/Fox subchannel. Directv has carried the CBS for 6+ years now with the rest being from Minneapolis
Now a slate on 9 (Fox Mpls) that says "For Fox programming tune to Channel 13"

We have a PBS subchannel in NC, too. If you're in OTA range, you can add the subchannels yourself with an AM21 tuner and an antenna.

That will work only if Directv is including those channels in their database. The AM21 doesn't scan for channels.
Not all are there, and it doesn't look like they will be adding to it any time soon.

That will work only if Directv is including those channels in their database. The AM21 doesn't scan for channels.
Not all are there, and it doesn't look like they will be adding to it any time soon.

I forget this little quirk about the AM21 since I am one of the lucky ones and I am only missing a few subchannels in both of the markets I have. Still, it's better than no subchannels!

yeah there is only a couple subchannels that the AM21 doesnt show here either....too bad one is MeTV :(

I am missing:
4-4 and/or 26-4 UNCMX (although that doesn't count because it's a cable-only channel that UNC-TV has on Time Warner. I have it on QAM and it would be nice to at least put the channel on the guide so I can see what's on there without looking online.),
WGHP TV 8-2 (Antenna TV) - the channel is in the AM21 database but not "Attached" to the correct RF channel or something because it doesn't work. It used to, but doesn't anymore. I also have Antenna TV on 17-2, so I am not without the channel.
20-4 WCWG - 22/7 shopping, 2/7 county videos.
22-2 WLFL Country - TCN Videos, but it's available on WXLV 45-2.
43-3 WLXI TCT Family (not available)
43-4 WLXI TCT-La-Fuente (spanish TCT) (not available)
47-1 WGSR LP (not available, but I used WRPX 47-1 from the neighboring DMA and I can get WGSR to appear, but with WRPX's data)

So I am really only missing 3 and they're not THAT important.

Status
Please reply by conversation.