Subbing to W5 without resetting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dannymcenrow

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Detroit MI
Hi all it's been a long time since I've been on here but I'm having a big problem right now.
I've lost my job at the VW dealership so my finances got from bad to worse so now there is REALLY NO WAY I can get a contract with Dishnet.
I've stopped subbing since sept because of all the things I heard about C band ending and so on but Skyvision came out with a different method to change Emm without doing a master reset.
I did that so now I'm on the new Emm without a master reset but so I still have all the channels from the old map plus the X4 but how do I sub now.
They say I get a hit from channel 216 but on what map on the x4 map or the normal old map?
Because the channel numbers change when we use different maps even if it's the same channel the number of the channel changes.
So on what channel should i be on and can anybody tell me what other channels has been dropped because I can see that a lot of movie channels on W5 has been dropped and also the discoverys.
Is NAT GEO part of Discovery channels?
Will they be gone too?
And what else is gone after 1\1\11 from W5?
And to the mod of this forum may I ask you please to bring back the Pda mode funtion for us?
Because a lot of us satelitte users live in areas with really slow internet and it's difficult to get on satelitte guys this way.
These forums uses so much bandwiths they take a long time loading I used Pda mode in the past but now that it's gone I can't come on these forums anymore.

Hi all it's been a long time since I've been on here but I'm having a big problem right now.
I've lost my job at the VW dealership so my finances got from bad to worse so now there is REALLY NO WAY I can get a contract with Dishnet.
I've stopped subbing since sept because of all the things I heard about C band ending and so on but Skyvision came out with a different method to change Emm without doing a master reset.
I did that so now I'm on the new Emm without a master reset but so I still have all the channels from the old map plus the X4 but how do I sub now.
They say I get a hit from channel 216 but on what map on the x4 map or the normal old map?
Because the channel numbers change when we use different maps even if it's the same channel the number of the channel changes.
So on what channel should i be on and can anybody tell me what other channels has been dropped because I can see that a lot of movie channels on W5 has been dropped and also the discoverys.
Is NAT GEO part of Discovery channels?
Will they be gone too?
And what else is gone after 1\1\11 from W5?
And to the mod of this forum may I ask you please to bring back the Pda mode funtion for us?
Because a lot of us satelitte users live in areas with really slow internet and it's difficult to get on satelitte guys this way.
These forums uses so much bandwiths they take a long time loading I used Pda mode in the past but now that it's gone I can't come on these forums anymore.

Use th X4 Sat/Map for subbing - that is what we are supposed to be using now for HITS.

But on channel 216 there is a channel so how can it be that there is a real channel plus a rehit station on that same channel?
I thought it's supposed to be an empty channel like G1 3 was or something like an empty analog channel to take the hits.
I tried yesterday with 216 couldn't get hits either so now I don't know what to do anymore

But on channel 216 there is a channel so how can it be that there is a real channel plus a rehit station on that same channel?
I thought it's supposed to be an empty channel like G1 3 was or something like an empty analog channel to take the hits.
I tried yesterday with 216 couldn't get hits either so now I don't know what to do anymore

A hit/re-hit channel can be a "real" channel - it all depends on how it is setup by the provider.

Can you check your EMM provider ID

If it is 4096 you still have the old one and should follow the no-brick steps to convert it to 4160.

Check your EMM Provider:
Push Option 6-7-7-8 EMM provider is displayed

No-Brick Steps:
4DTV Online... Final Work Around Instructions

Ok fixed it already.
Now i know what my problem was.
My receiver was very old so it got 2 x4 so when I clicked on the X4 satelitte is was pointing on G4 where the old X4 used to be so that's why it wasn't getting any rehits.
But now I know I got it working again and once again I have no tv because everytime that I subscribe the kids occupy the living room tv a lot.
But it's good to be back on the old C band I know it's not that much anymore but well atleast the price for the pachages have gotten way lower now.
And the x4 service does it have a guide?
I guess no huh?
Because I really miss the guide I can get program info when I tune in to the channel I get info on whats playing on the channel I tuned in but no guide anymore.
What a pity it's really sad to see what they have done with 4dtv.
But I'm still happy because I wasn't even expecting to subscribe after 1/1/11.

Guide does work after converting, it's a trickle guide opposed to dump guide, which means it loads slowly, taking a while to propogate

Well I have left it on 216 but nothing!
No guide!
I don't know what's going on here.
The thing is I have auto update turned off should I turn it on?
I thought it would be better te leave it off because if I turn it on it will go to G1 3 and then the guide will not load.
But I don't know what else is wrong here we watch W5 every day the guide DOESN"T LOAD.
So something is going on here.
Do you think my receiver is on it's way out?

Leave autoupdate turned off. It's not needed.

If you subscribed by phone, did you set up a WEBSAMS account?

If you didn't ask for the guide when you subbed it may not have been included. The guide is zero cost but can only be activated if you sub.
To have a WEBSAMS account started go to SRL(programming-center.net) website & set one up so you may add/subtract services as you wish from month to month.

I am subbed I don't know what websams mean.
It's the same account I had before september when I subbed to regular 4dtv I used the same unit I d number and everything.
Something must be very wrong with my receiver I think the receiver is not that perfect it's a little old and like even the coax out of this receiver doesn't work anymore.
So something must be wrong here or maybe it's out of memory?
My tdt count is really high like over 4000 so maybe with all the maps it got full and now there isn't any room for the guide?
How do I delete some channels without doing a master reset?

I am subbed I don't know what websams mean.
It's the same account I had before september when I subbed to regular 4dtv I used the same unit I d number and everything.
Something must be very wrong with my receiver I think the receiver is not that perfect it's a little old and like even the coax out of this receiver doesn't work anymore.
So something must be wrong here or maybe it's out of memory?
My tdt count is really high like over 4000 so maybe with all the maps it got full and now there isn't any room for the guide?
How do I delete some channels without doing a master reset?

WebSAMS is an online service from Skyvision/SRL that allows you, the subscriber, to manage their account, subscribe and rehit.

What the previous post is saying, is that you may not have the Guide as part of your subscription. It is free (I think) but you do need it added.

In your current situation I would do this:

1) Call your provider and say your guide is missing, can they add it please
2) Call your provider and ask for a WebSAMS account

Also, I would do this before trying to do anything to the receiver.

I'm gonna call then after lunch.
I have an account with programing center I didn't sub online I did it with the phone and I bought 3 months sub in advance and payed in advance.
I don't have the yearly contract thing that's the only way I can sub now since I don't even have a job anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)