Subscription ending ??

TestingTheTester

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
First Time I received this message of my SubScription Expiring.

The silence from these So Called "Pioneers" is bothersome and aggravating.

They were never to take a stand on anything and its the only thing they were pretty much constistant on.

Anyone have any idea?

Attachments

• TT.29DaysLeft.RenewSub.JPG
    TT.29DaysLeft.RenewSub.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 253
no more updates.....no problem

if there wont be any more updates.... i would assume the lack of being able to download them would not be a problem.

As long as the software continues to function and record music...thats all I care about. Let us know what happens in 29 days....

What ticked me off, when they originally sold the software, they promised "unlimted downloads for life". THEN they come out with recast and move to a subscription model.... so for those of us that bought into the original software, we got screwed. Personally I liked 3.2...never had a problem with it.

Considering my PC seems to still have an issue with Recast and coming back from monitor/video power save - - - I will be going back to 3.2 as soon as TTR1.8 finishes this last recording.

Uhg...

theosus said:
What ticked me off, when they originally sold the software, they promised "unlimted downloads for life". THEN they come out with recast and move to a subscription model.... so for those of us that bought into the original software, we got screwed. Personally I liked 3.2...never had a problem with it.

Actually, no. If you read over at the other TT discussion forum you'll find Elliot stating that people who were legacy customers would never expire and he discussed how the updating of that expiration date works. Of course, he said all of this about 5 days before TT did a disappearing act.

They've always maintained that the legacy customers would retain updates for life. I guess we know how long their 'life' is now. Anyone want to take out some life insurance on Elliot? It could be worth a lot by his definition of life.

The problem is that the long term customers relied on a regular process that automatically renewed/extended their license when the expiration approached. I'm not so sure we can count on that process anymore.

Well, we definitely can't count on that process at all since Frutkin stated they were advancing the dates manually. Dkeifer previously said here that the software would continue to work after the 'expiration' but new releases wouldn't be available to the expired accounts. I'm assuming the software would advise that the subscription had expired. I guess we'll see if that statement was true. I would then assume that any attempt to update the software would be rejected for use by their authorization server. That seems logical (but TT has defied logic until now).

theosus said:
if there wont be any more updates.... i would assume the lack of being able to download them would not be a problem.

As long as the software continues to function and record music...thats all I care about. Let us know what happens in 29 days....

Not true

I had the orig software with lifetime upgrades.

When recast came out, I emailed them. They gave me a recast subscription 'for life', even though that was not their current model, but said they were doing it because it is what I bought.

I commended them back then on that deal.

phil

You then get a message telling you that you are no longer entitled to updates. As there won't be any, I'm not all that upset at not getting them. TT continues to work as well as always.

My TimeTrax is expiring, too.

I am a legacy subscriber who is now getting an error message saying that my subscription will expire in 23 days. Not knowing what is going to happen is the worst part. Elliot, are you out there?

That "subscription ending" only applies to updates. The software will keep working (assuming it works now), but you won't be eligible for updated software in the future. Of course, there won't be updated software in the future, so it's just one more nagging annoyance "feature" of the software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)