Sudden loss of sync between Hopper 3 remote and equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Electrojim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2020
Brea, CA
When the installer left, everything was working fine. The Hopper 54.0 remote turned the Hopper 3 and the TV on and off together. It never has controlled power on the Sony soundbar, so we just leave that on or use its own remote.

Previously, when turning the TV on, audio would always come up first, then video. No on-screen notifications, everything just fine. Evidently something has changed. Maybe a "wrong" button got 'pocket dialed' without our knowing it, but my wife came out into the garage and said, "I can't turn the TV off." The main remote control power switch (upper left-hand) did nothing. Volume and Mute on the remote still control the soundbar, but the TV would not turn off. I even pressed the TV button on the side of the remote and tried again, but nothing.

So I went through the exercise of inputting the name and model number of our TV in the Remote Control setup routine, and now the Power button turns the TV on and off, but now every time the TV comes on, there's video but no audio, and there's a notification in the corner of the picture saying "Press any button to watch TV or the Hopper will go into Standby" or some such wording. It looks as if the remote control Power button wants to both: 1) turn off the TV and: 2) put the Hopper in Standby. Is this a sync issue that can be resolved manually, or do we just "Press any button..." now every time we want to watch TV? By the way, HDMI-CEC, Limited Mode and Infrared are all turned ON per the installer.

I've been advised to watch some DISH channel for Hopper programming instructions, but heck, if you can't turn the TV on or get a signal from the satellite, you're dead in the water. I really miss a detailed instruction manual for this equipment. Does one exist?

Thanks in advance for any help.

No, this is common on new 54 remotes. Press the System info button on the front panel of the Hopper.
Hold the SAT Button on the side of the remote in unit all the lights go on.
Let go and now press Home Button and Guide at the same time until it unpairs.
Press SAT on the side to re-pair the remote.

NOW, go to Settings\Remote Control\
Make sure your TV Make is Showing at Television. If it's not, click on that box, then go to your brand of TV and re-pair the remote.
Now do the some for Auxilary.
If it's a sound bar, use Auxillary Device. If it's a Receiver, use Aux Receiver and re-pair that.
THEN scroll down to Control Mute and Volume and click in the box to change it from TV to Auxillary device

The notification in the corner is the 5 minute countdown until the receiver itself shuts off. Just hit Select and it will "Wake" it up

Turn limited mode off so you can use the ability to hit TV on the side of the remote - putting you in control of the TV and Input button on the side to change inputs on the TV

No, this is common on new 54 remotes. Press the System info button on the front panel of the Hopper.
Hold the SAT Button on the side of the remote in unit all the lights go on.
Let go and now press Home Button and Guide at the same time until it unpairs.
Press SAT on the side to re-pair the remote.

NOW, go to Settings\Remote Control\
Make sure your TV Make is Showing at Television. If it's not, click on that box, then go to your brand of TV and re-pair the remote.
Now do the some for Auxilary.
If it's a sound bar, use Auxillary Device. If it's a Receiver, use Aux Receiver and re-pair that.
THEN scroll down to Control Mute and Volume and click in the box to change it from TV to Auxillary device

The notification in the corner is the 5 minute countdown until the receiver itself shuts off. Just hit Select and it will "Wake" it up

Turn limited mode off so you can use the ability to hit TV on the side of the remote - putting you in control of the TV and Input button on the side to change inputs on the TV
Very good info, HipKat, many thanks. THIS is exactly why I miss a printed manual so much. I mean, how would you get this information from the DISH people? Thank heaven for groups like this with people who know what they're doing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts