Suggestion for Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The switch

I just switched to dish from dtv about a week ago. With dtv I had the hughes e86 hd for while, which worked very well in all categories sd/hd/ota with my particular monitor; my only complaint was with dtv's service offerings, which was what prompted the switch.

Since the switch, I've been blown away by the sub standard quality of dishs' equipment. I had an 811 and a 522 installed and both have tremendous amout of issues (which i need not repeat). I really regret not doing my research before I decied to make such hasty decision. I think dish is on the right track but I would have preferred not to have been an guinea pig for their latest experiment.

I second the motion for free 921's when this crap is all over. :cool:

bsic said:
HA!!! Thanks for making my point. I just posted today over on dbstalk that within hours of the post regarding Charlies net worth, there would be little people coming out saying "If he has so much damn money, why doesnt my 811 work." :haha
If your point was Charlie has a lot of dough and Dish's products have been lacking and plauged with reliability problems for a while. Then yes I made your point. Charlie is an American success story, congrats to him. He is self made and should be proud.
bsic said:
And I guess I just have rose colored glasses on ... Ive had a 301/501(508) for years and have never had a single complaint AT ALL. But coming to these forums it makes it sound like if you plug in your 811 you house will blow up.
Well consider yourself lucky, I too have not had many issues with my E* equipment but have friends who has the original dish player, 721(replaced 3 times) and an 811(replaced once so far). Some people will defend E* no matter what.
bsic said:
Sure the 811 aint perfect. The difference between you and I is that I wish it were perfect, but Im not ready to start a picket line over its faults and sue the friggin company.
Thats where you are wrong, I wish it were perfect too and I don't even have one. The difference between me and you is, you accept and seem to be content with mediocrity amd I don't.

I think dish is on the right track but I would have preferred not to have been an guinea pig for their latest experiment.

Maybe Dish will announce a new promotion to go up against their cable is the pig promotion;

"Dish Network where the customers are guinea pigs." :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)