Suggestions for Temporary, Discrete Ku 76cm Dish Mounting?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA6Newspath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
As I continue thinking about buying an FTA system for tinkering and experimenting, I've come to the realization that, based on a number of factors, right now what would work best for me would be some kind of temporary mounting that could easily be set up and removed as opposed to a permanent installation on the roof or somewhere else around the house. That said, I'm curious if anyone has suggestions for a relatively low profile, discrete, and temporary/easily moveable mounting for a 76cm motorized dish. Granted, I do realize that by not having a permanent installation I'll have to re-align the dish each time I move the the mounting, and I also realize that a 90cm dish or larger generally provides greater signal reception than a smaller 76cm dish, but the priority for my setup would definitely be something that is as discrete and inconspicuous as possible, and ideally I'd also like a setup/mounting that could be set up and removed fairly easily.

Thanks!

I have installed a few systems on a wood pallets, then they can be dragged about the yard to areas giving differing views of the Clarke Belt!

Keep in mind that many slightly bigger do not work as well as the all American made Winegard dish!

I used a long and short piece of 2x4 nailed in the shape of a "T". I screwed the roof mount that came with my 36" antenna into the T, and threw a sandbag on the end of the long part. I had it all over the yard, and used it for about four months. It was too low to use my stab 90 motor though. I just positioned it by moving the 2x4 base.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)