Suggestions Needed for Dish Network Installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mysoreman

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Hello
I'm interested in installing Dishnetwork satellite in Norfolk VA region. I'm trying to get international(South Asian Package)along with top 120 package. I'm told to get two dishes, one Super Dish and one regular dish. But when the installers came they brought two superdish. I wanted to install the dish in my backyard and my house faces South. So i was told that my backyard cannot receive the signal as my house is against the line of sight. My question to you all is ...Is it possible to get the same package with one super dish and one regular dish. Also how safe is it to install Super dish to be installed on the roof as i don't want to install in the fron of my house. This way i can get one Super dish and one regular dish.
Any insightful suggestions are appreciated.
thanks
MM

You only need one dish (the SuperDish) to receive what you want. You can add a wing dish to 61.5, if you want to be able to receive HD locals at some point in the future. Might as well do it now and get the DPP44 switch at the same time, rather than having to change switches in the future.

Well as of today yes you may need two superdishes if you want locals and the international. Your local channels come off the 105 satellite (which requires a 105 superdish) and the South Asian come from the 121 satellite (which requires a 121 superdish). If you wait a while your locals should move to the 110 slot which would allow you to use only a 121 superdish.

The superdish would be fine installed on the roof if done properly. We prefer to install on the roof if we can't do some sort of masonary mount on the side of the house. If you do a roof install make sure they use the struts that come with the dish.

If you want to see what channels come from which satellite this is a great place to check out. http://www.dbstalk.com/ekb/dishlist.htm

Hope that helps
Shawn

Questions about the feedback

Thanks Shawn and epsilon,
both your points are well taken. However I do have plans of getting HD in the near future. If i can take advantage of this situation How can I proceed? Whom should i contact if i need the wing and DPP44 switch?

As for Shawn's point, How would I know when the locals will be switched to 110 slot so that i can use one Superdish to accomodate 121 slot?

Thanks again.
MM

They are hoping to move the locals off of 105 around the middle of April. I would keep checking that website as Tony updates it when he gets information on channels moving around. If you were to do locals, international and HD you would really need 3 dishes. 105 superdish, 121 superdish, and either a dish 1000 for 129 or dish 300 for 61.5. In this case you would be looking at 5 satellite locations, (105,110,119,121,129 or 61.5). You would need the DPP44 switch and DP 21 switches. The number of DP 21 switches will depend on the number of tuners in your install. I would talk to both a local retailer to see about the costs of doing this type of install. Not sure how the promotions would cover the costs. Then talk to a tech at DISH to see what kind of things they can do.

If you wait until after the locals move then you would only need two dishes. Add only the DPP 44 switch. This does make the install easier.

Shawn

His location won't allow him to see 129, so a dish 1000 is out of the equation. Whatever HD locals he will be entitled to will be on 61.5, that's why I mentioned that dish. Not sure about the SD locals situation.

I would wait until around May to get dish network. They are moving all the locals off the superdish and also the internationals channels are moving too. The internationals on going on the wings location and the locals on dish 500.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Dave1997 said:
I would wait until around May to get dish network. They are moving all the locals off the superdish and also the internationals channels are moving too. The internationals on going on the wings location and the locals on dish 500.

Hello folks,
Thanks for all your suggestions and replies for my questions. Because of this site I became a little more knowledgable on Dish technology.
I have scheduled this weekend for Dish installation as I heard that in Norfolk, VA area, is able to provide me with Top 120, locals, South Asian programming all in one super dish. Since my house faces south and I don't want the dish to sit on my front yard, I elected to install the dish on the roof towards the back. Installing in my backyard(ground) will be covered by my house structure and can't get reception. I hope the installers can get it done in one go.
Is there any other suggestions I can make use of before I get it installed. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Mysoreman

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts