Status
Please reply by conversation.

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
digging thru my bookmarks and thought some of you might not have seen this site but like it.

Lots of information presented in a neat format. I first used it to check out the focal "cloud" of an antenna by sticking very small mirrors on the parabolic surface and sliding a sheet of paper around in the lnb area I used the predictor to determine the times the sun and moon would be in focus. It works and you can see the focused light very clearly. You can see the effect of mis-alignment as you move the paper in/out. And, as the sun and moon positon change you see how the reflection point shifts.

Place satellite dish using sun or moon

site warning

The site locked up my Firefox.
I tried to close the particular Tab with the French site, and got nowhere.
Was running 30..45% cpu usage.
Finally used Process Explorer to close Firefox, with many dozens of Tabs active.
Luckily, Firefox remembers its Tabs when shut down this way, or I'd be launching a thermonuclear attack on the web site.

I have SUN Java loaded, as I use it for another application.
I don't really care about the cause, debugging it, or even visiting the site again.
There is no excuse for such a problem.

The site locked up my Firefox.
I tried to close the particular Tab with the French site, and got nowhere.
Was running 30..45% cpu usage.
Finally used Process Explorer to close Firefox, with many dozens of Tabs active.
Luckily, Firefox remembers its Tabs when shut down this way, or I'd be launching a thermonuclear attack on the web site.

I have SUN Java loaded, as I use it for another application.
I don't really care about the cause, debugging it, or even visiting the site again.
There is no excuse for such a problem.

odd; Works fine with Internet Explorer 7

Hey Anole, what version is your FF? I'm on 3.0.4 with Java 1.6.0_10 and it seems to be OK.
I looked in the Java console and instead of it loading an animated gif, it looks like it's a java loop. It's reloading the sun, sky, and sat gifs over and over and over to animate the image...
Extremely odd way of doing an animation... an animated gif could have handled this without all the involvement...
(Unless, of course, I'm wrong and the gifs are being loaded by the bottom applet... but I don't think I'm wrong ;) )
The page references an old version here: Place satellite dish using sun or moon
It might work better for you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)