Sundance Channel

Considering Dish's repertoire with Cablevision, I'd say there's a better chance of it being dropped from the lineup altogether when the carriage contract is up.
bzz wrong ranbow and cablvision split..Dish gets along "great" with rainbow..its cablevision and the 'sports" channels where the issue is

bzz wrong ranbow and cablvision split..Dish gets along "great" with rainbow..its cablevision and the 'sports" channels where the issue is

We'll see. They've only been separate a few months. Corporate bad blood has been known to survive splits and mergers.

I was waiting for this. Mundane and Showtime have been split for how long. I honestly believe that Epix has better movie offerings than Showtime (my opinion is based off my experience with The Movie Channel, never had Showtime). They need to woo Disney, should Disney try to leave Starz.

I was waiting for this. Mundane and Showtime have been split for how long. I honestly believe that Epix has better movie offerings than Showtime (my opinion is based off my experience with The Movie Channel, never had Showtime). They need to woo Disney, should Disney try to leave Starz.

When L freezes over. :smow: Disney is a gouging bunch of thieves these days.:mad:

The movies on Showtime are not that great from free previews. Some of the same movies air on The Movie Channel. Please see this article to view the Disney deal with Showtime: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...es-pay-cable-deals-at-starz-and-showtime.html
Separately, Disney also negotiated a new deal for DreamWorks that will see that production company's films go to CBS' Showtime.
Miramax Films, which Disney is attempting to sell, also has a deal with Showtime. There are four unreleased Miramax films that would go to Showtime unless the company is sold and a new buyer decides not to release the movies. [For the record: An earlier version of this post incorrectly said there were six unreleased films covered by the deal. The four films are: "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark," "The Switch," "The Debt" and "The Tempest."]
Under Disney's Showtime deal, the cable channel will carry DreamWorks Studios films released this year through 2015. Starz had indicated that id didn't want to distribute the DreamWorks movies to its viewers, and was urging Disney to find another outlet, people close to the situation said.
Showtime needs more movie content because one of its biggest providers of theatrical content, Viacom’s Paramount Pictures, teams with Lions Gate and MGM in Epix, a new pay cable channel that launched several months ago.
Showtime also has deals with Weinstein Co., Summit Entertainment and CBS Films, the latter of which just released its first movie, “Extraordinary Measures," to disappointing results.
Movies from DreamWorks Animation, which is a separate company, remains with HBO.
-- Dawn C. Chmielewski
The article goes more in-depth with the Starz and Showtime deals as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)