Sunday Night Football Picture Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
did anyone else think the picture quality sucked big time on last night's Lions-49ers game last night?

Ota was just as bad. the red in the 49ers jerseys really blurred with the smallest of movement.......

I thought it looked terrible here. I changed the channel, as it was giving me a headache.

The pixelation was pretty bad when there was a lot of motion on the screen, but the worst part for me was the judder.

I don't know what was going on. I took my rooftop antenna down when I got dish a few years ago, and I live too far out to test with rabbit ears. Don't know if the local NBC station was the same OTA or not.

-SF

Our CBS is running 2 subchannels and the Chiefs game looked terrible yesterday. I didn't check out the NBC game but it normally doesn't look good and usually it actually looks better on the dish feed than the OTA feed

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

i have dish 250 but i use ota all the time. for one, i am 80mi from sioux city, 90 from omaha and 80 from Lincoln. sioux city carries different games than omaha which is on the dish. i do use the rotor regularly and like to watch regional news out here in the boondocks. omaha only carries big city stuff, lincoln and ss carry more of farm news and local items. btw, the hd on local channels beats the dish signal hands down. charlie

I think it's because Dish is getting the straight feed without the subchannels bandwidth loss and OTA we are getting the feed with the subchannels sucking away bandwidth.

Not sure. We get quite a few sub-channels. Most of them, however, are in SD.

In Portland the quality of the picture was fine, the game was another matter entirely.

I think the OP and I were watching on the same station, WDIV. PQ looked good on both Dish and OTA on my TV. Dare I say the problem could be on his TV?:confused:

yea, I was watching it on WDIV, and granted the tv is not the latest and greatest, but I did not notice it on any other games that day or any other day for that matter.....

when there was no movement it looked good, with, not so much....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)