Super Bowl Commercials

The Tide ads were brilliant. I really liked the NFL ad with Eli and Odell dancing. I think it was Honda with all the religious leaders going to a game together that was also really good.

My wife and I enjoyed the halftime show but we also like JT. I'm assuming most of the people who didn't like it are older or just don't listen to his music.
Itr was just OK, until the Prince Hologram. I thought being in Minneapolis, that was an excellent move to tribute him and actually got me a little teary eyed

Leave it to the NY Post....

DVRehw6VMAAGwTs.jpg

Beginning with America the Beautiful and The National Anthem were nicely done.
My favorite commercial - M&Ms with Danny Daveto.
One of the best games recently no matter who you were rooting for (Could have used a little less 2nd guessing by the announcers, the refs got it right, quit crying).

Beginning with America the Beautiful and The National Anthem were nicely done.
My favorite commercial - M&Ms with Danny Daveto.
One of the best games recently no matter who you were rooting for (Could have used a little less 2nd guessing by the announcers, the refs got it right, quit crying).
Couldn't have said it better myself, except I was rooting for the Eagles. Cris Collinsworth needs to hang it up, man is he annoying.

Frankly I thought the only commercial that was good was the M&M one. The rest went from bad to awful, and in the case of Eli Manning just downright embarrassing.

The announcers were terrible. Talk about being a New England Fan . If you don’t know what a touchdown is anymore then give it up . Dilly Dilly Free Beer for Philly. Thank You Bud light !!!

Itr was just OK, until the Prince Hologram. I thought being in Minneapolis, that was an excellent move to tribute him and actually got me a little teary eyed
Well, actually it was only an image projected onto a sheet hung from the ceiling, not a hologram, and Prince fans are not pleased. In an interview, one time, Prince was asked about doing a duet with someone who was deceased and he replied that he considered it demonic and would never do it, so against his wishes the people putting on the halftime show decided to do it anyway. Not well thought out.

Reactions: navychop
The announcers were terrible. Talk about being a New England Fan . If you don’t know what a touchdown is anymore then give it up . Dilly Dilly Free Beer for Philly. Thank You Bud light !!!
How about at the end of the 2nd quarter, Philly was going for it on 4th down and Chris Collins said this play could decide the game if NE stops them

Well, actually it was only an image projected onto a sheet hung from the ceiling, not a hologram, and Prince fans are not pleased. In an interview, one time, Prince was asked about doing a duet with someone who was deceased and he replied that he considered it demonic and would never do it, so against his wishes the people putting on the halftime show decided to do it anyway. Not well thought out.
Well, I'm a Prince fan and I loved it. Those are just people that found something to complain about in their little bubble - just like most people have become these days

Reactions: charlesrshell
Couldn't have said it better myself, except I was rooting for the Eagles. Cris Collinsworth needs to hang it up, man is he annoying.
I like your post for the C. C. comment. He could not let that (good) call go. He carried it all the way to the post game. I too, think his time is done.

Reactions: ewindowman
I did the same thing the first time JT did the Super Bowl halftime show, and I missed the whole "wardrobe malfunction" incident.
I checked on Sunday and the "wardrobe malfunction" is still on YouTube -- the uncensored version. a.k.a. "Nipplegate". :)

Back in '04 I watched the halftime show with my dad. My jaw dropped when the wardrobe malfunction happened. My dad didn't notice it -- probably figured it was part of the show.

Usually Dish offers AutoHop on NBC programming a day after the show airs. My recording of the Super Bowl does not indicate AutoHop. Hmmm...

Reactions: charlesrshell
Usually Dish offers AutoHop on NBC programming a day after the show airs. My recording of the Super Bowl does not indicate AutoHop. Hmmm...
I haven't seen too many sports programs with AutoHop, usually just the normal programs. Looks like Charlie isn't going to give us the commercials only AutoHop.

Reactions: TheKrell
Looks like Charlie isn't going to give us the commercials only AutoHop.
Although I doubt Charlie is the only person calling the shots at Dish Network, the fact that Tivo has it and Dish doesn't seems to point to some backroom negotiations about this "feature" and who can offer it to their customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts