Super Buddy 29 problem

todd93

Original poster
May 21, 2014
I'm having a problem with my Super Buddy 29. Last weekend I replaced the battery in it, charged it, then used it to check the signal on my parents dish... It worked great!

Just today, I was going to test the signal at their receiver, as they're having some trouble, and it's not even registering an lnb in the left column... In fact, there's nothing in either column... I updated it to the latest software, and still having the same problem...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Todd

I'm having a problem with my Super Buddy 29. Last weekend I replaced the battery in it, charged it, then used it to check the signal on my parents dish... It worked great!

Just today, I was going to test the signal at their receiver, as they're having some trouble, and it's not even registering an lnb in the left column... In fact, there's nothing in either column... I updated it to the latest software, and still having the same problem...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Todd
Nothing on either column means there's no connection to dish. Likely damaged cable or corroded connector somewhere.

What you want to do is work your way from inside to out. Follow the entire cable Che king for any connection points. Undo each connection and check its condition. If clean and shiny put it back and move on to the next one. Also at every connection you need to connect the meter abd see if you get any on the dish side of the connection point. Repeat until you either find a bad connection or regain signal. If it's a bad connection then replace connectors and hook back up. If you find no bad connectors but regain signal at some point then you'll know from that point it's somewhere in the cable and check for damage and repair or replace if necessary.

Nothing on either column means there's no connection to dish. Likely damaged cable or corroded connector somewhere.

What you want to do is work your way from inside to out. Follow the entire cable Che king for any connection points. Undo each connection and check its condition. If clean and shiny put it back and move on to the next one. Also at every connection you need to connect the meter abd see if you get any on the dish side of the connection point. Repeat until you either find a bad connection or regain signal. If it's a bad connection then replace connectors and hook back up. If you find no bad connectors but regain signal at some point then you'll know from that point it's somewhere in the cable and check for damage and repair or replace if necessary.
I do appreciate that, I am using a new short cable that I made up last weekend to check signal on my parent's dish... I will recheck, but I'm sure it's fine. If it's not a cable/connector issue, is it possible that it's in the connector on the meter itself? Or is that unlikely due to the fact that it was working fine after replacing the battery?

Thanks

Todd

Reactions: charlesrshell