Super Dish Install Problem...

DigitalOne

Original poster
Jun 1, 2005
I hope someone can help.

I have installed a number of dishes. This one is giving me a headache. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

When I run a check switch...on this superdish install...I get a message "check connections"...I have tried moving the 2 connections on the DP34...I have re-done the cable between the 2 LNB's and the DP34....I have run a continuity check on that cable (both ends) both cables are fine. The 3rd LNB checks fine. The box sees that cable in any of the 3 F connectors on the DP34. Any suggestions?? Anyone have this same problem?? Many thanks in advance!! :)

Superdish - No Connection Problem

This is the 121 model.....and I selected the superdish 129...in the setup install menu. Have you seen or heard of this problem?? I don't believe the problem to be in the DP34...because, when I swap the connections on the input...I can always see ONE of the connections to be good. That one connection is the seperate LNB on the side. Do you think the F connectors need longer center wires because of the rubber on the tip of the F connector barrel input?? All connections are finger tight.

If anyone has a na answer ... I would really appreciate why I continue to get the "no connection" error message on the other 2 LNBs during setup.

Again, many thanks!!!
Fred

No Connection Proble with SuperDish Install

I do have another PVR508 ...however, I have programs on the HD that I don't want to lose. The other PVR 508 is new/rebuilt unit that is operational with a 500 dish. I have using the new unit for testing/setup of the superdish. I do have a couple of other OLDER dish receivers...however they will not work with the DishPro/Superdish...receivers, I am told without a adaptor for the older legacy models. Legacy works fine with the dsh 500 and legacy LNB's. Thanks!!!

Any help from anyone is appreciated!!!

is the 508 you are using new out of the box? If so you will want to download the new software version before it will recognize the 121 signal. It will also say check connections if there is not enough signal, so you might need to peak the dish.

The best way to align any SuperDish is to bypass the switch entirely. You will need to clear your switch matrix first. Disconnect the satellite input cable on the receiver then run a check switch. When standing behind a 121 SuperDish the lnbs run left to right : 121-119-110. Connect a cable to the 119 lnb (middle lnb) directly to your receiver and align for max signal. Disconnect the cable from the 119 lnb and connect it to the 121 lnb. Peak the dish for max signal on 121. Recheck signal on 119. If your pole is level and plum and your skew is set correctly, you should now be seeing all three birds. Connect the DP34 switch and run a check switch. The no/check connections error message you are getting just means that the receiver is not seeing the satellite. It doesn't necessarily mean that your connectors are bad. Hope this helps