SUPER DISH installation on a TRIPOD

Superdish

Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
Hello All;

I was wondering if any one installed super dish on a tripod? can that be done?
if so can you please point me to the usefull information to do that.

thanks

I have a camper and take dish on the road, it's hard enough getting one Sat dialed in with the trees and brush, let alone two or three. Is this for a stationary install ? If it was a good enough tripod, see no reason why it wouldn't work, but you better have a heavy one and have it tied or bolted down, it's going to catch the wind.

Yes this is for a stationary install

Yes i want to install it at my home.
When i called a retailer he said they dont have any tripods out there in the market to install superdish. I doubted his product knowledge about tripods.

Any pointers to purcahse a tripod for SD will be appreciated.

Thanks

I bought a tripod that had a SuperDish on it. It was made to fit a SuperDish or smaller dish onto it by changing the pipe that you put on top of it and the screws that is put through the holes that you line up. It was basically the same tripod that are used with the Dish300 and Dish500.

I have installed with a tripod mount that came with a pole adapter for the Superdish. The customer ordered it through the retailer so it is out there. Your retailer should be able to get one.

Super dish on tripod

I live in NJ, i have approached couple of retailers that are listed in my area. none of them seem to have an idea on how to install it on tripod.
most of them are suggesting easy installs like, install it on the floor etc.

Can some one point me to an installation picture or resource. I hope that will help me in educating near by retailer to get it done.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)