Super Dish loss of Locals

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I have a Super Dish and I am using a 301 Satellite Receiver. Up till last week everything worked perfectly. Now I can not receive any of the channels on 105. The check switch test comes up with Status: Satellite reception verified. This is the test the tech from dish network wanted me to do. Input 1,2,3 - 119,110,105 all,all,even - dual, feed, feed. Signal on 105 is 30 others satellites come in fine.

My dish was professionally installed (well the second time they came lol ) Dish Network thinks its my wires. However all wires are brand new installed last year. I rechecked all ends on the RG6 cable all hooked tightly. They offered to send a tech to look at it for a mear $99.95 lol I said no thanks. :) I think its one of the LNB's which LNB on the superdish picks up the 105 satellite? Or any other idea of a solution to my problem would be of great help.

The 105 bird just got replaced last week. I'd dare fathom that your problem is due to that. More than likely, you SD will just need a minor repeak.

By the way, what transponder are your locals coming in on with the 105? If the signal strength of 30 is from the locals transponder, that is most definately too weak of a signal

webbydude said:
The 105 bird just got replaced last week. I'd dare fathom that your problem is due to that. More than likely, you SD will just need a minor repeak.

By the way, what transponder are your locals coming in on with the 105? If the signal strength of 30 is from the locals transponder, that is most definately too weak of a signal

transponder 9 it shows on the screen. Hmm funny Dish Network never mention any thing about the replaced satellite. I think they should come repeak it don't ya think? Last week is when this started happening. :confused:

The other satellites are around signal 77 they used to be over 100 on both. Any intructions on tweaking the superdish available? I didn't get setup directions since they installed it. I have installed every other satellite dish I have ever owned even a BUD lol that was a headache but it works :)

Welcome to Satellite Guys,

If your signals from 119 & 110 are that low (check using transponders 11 & 12) than your dish needs to be peaked. Try to peak using 119 transponder 11 or 12 first and see if that brings you 105 levels up as well.

ats7627 said:
Welcome to Satellite Guys,

If your signals from 119 & 110 are that low (check using transponders 11 & 12) than your dish needs to be peaked. Try to peak using 119 transponder 11 or 12 first and see if that brings you 105 levels up as well.

Ok found a super dish assembly book. Maybe I can figure out how to peak Wish me luck lol :rolleyes:

Update. Ok was signal 30 got it up to 66ish and the picture came back at least. Not a great signal but the best I could do without having a dishnetwork tech come back for $99.95 lol turned a little to the south on Azimuth and it worked. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts