Super Stations

There only available to people that were grandfathered a year or so ago. Reason being the wider distribution of both the CW and My networks

Short answer - Stations that were allowed to be broadcast nationally outside their market. Do a search there many threads on the subject.

The Super Stations had no value to me after they stopped showing Star Trek. WWOR used to be the best :)

I was so crazy about Star Trek, I found out the ABC affiliate (Wood TV ?) in Grand Rapids Michigan was showing Star Trek Voyager every day at 7pm.

At the time, Dish had the feed on the 148 Satellite un-encypted...

So I got a 24 inch dish and mounted it on the kids swing set in the backyard and was able to pull in 148 with a 10 Degree elevation.

From there, hooked up my legal FTA receiver and was able to get the channel.

Took the output of the channel and got an Agile analog modulator and modulated the channel back to channel 41.

Ran the analog channel 41 feed into my TIVO, and entered a grand rapids zip code and the TIVO thought it was getting channel 41 over the air with an antenna.

Reactions: DWS44
Wasn't WTBS and WGN in that lineup at one time, too ?
WTBS and WGN were considered "Superstations" since, like WWOR, WPIX, KTLA, WSBK, and KWGN, they were up linked originally to C-Band for cable operators and home TVRO. KTVT out of DFW was uplinked as a superstation from the mid 80's until it became a CBS affiliate in 1994.

Reactions: rnye1 and lfp302
I have the Superstation package and Philly locals.
I get WWOR in HD on channel 6307 which I assume I receive because I'm within the New York spot beam coverage area.
Since I have relatives in southern California, I like getting KTLA in case there are any emergency situations (earthquakes, wildfires)

You won't get anything more except for programs being at a different time and none were available in HD. If they had live sports (some did at times, but not much any more), I might try to get them again.
You'll have no luck getting them again. They are only available to those who still have them....

KTVT out of DFW was uplinked as a superstation from the mid 80's until it became a CBS affiliate in 1994.
there were lots of stations that were considered regional "superstations". KMSP in Minneapolis was one for this area. Most cable companies had it as far away as North and South Dakota. Even when it was a UPN affiliate they still kept it

When FOX swapped WFTC (now My29) and KMSP in 2002 (at the time KMSP was on VHF9 and WFTC was/is on 29) cable companies had to drop it as they already had Fox in the market

I have a question:
I own a independent station "full-power" in the Orlando's (Florida) metropolitan area. I license Non-original programming nationally. Called Orlando SuperStation. Run local news, Sitcom, series and original programming. and if make a contract to distribute via DISH network. How considering my channel?

there were lots of stations that were considered regional "superstations". KMSP in Minneapolis was one for this area. Most cable companies had it as far away as North and South Dakota. Even when it was a UPN affiliate they still kept it

When FOX swapped WFTC (now My29) and KMSP in 2002 (at the time KMSP was on VHF9 and WFTC was/is on 29) cable companies had to drop it as they already had Fox in the market
Probably might have had a regional terrestrial microwave feed. I know that before WTCG/WTBS was uplinked to satellite, they were microwaved in to some cable systems in the region.

Reactions: Mr Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)