Super superdish under construction.

Creekside

Original poster
Nov 17, 2003
Well I finally got the dishes up. I got tired of rain knocking me out here on the rainy coast, so I advertised in a local paper for old primestar dishes. Got em for 10 bucks apiece. I have a 61.5, 105fss,110,119,and 148. If you cut off the plastic collar on the dbs lnb's they fit on the primestar mounts. The lnb's are waterproof already, the plastic is just for show. Now that I have them up and ready to go the question is... I have at present a sw64 to all legacy equipment. That gives me three inputs from the dishes which I have working on 110,119,148. How am I going to connect in the other two??? Anyone else doing this?

Creekside said:
Well I finally got the dishes up. I got tired of rain knocking me out here on the rainy coast, so I advertised in a local paper for old primestar dishes. Got em for 10 bucks apiece. I have a 61.5, 105fss,110,119,and 148. If you cut off the plastic collar on the dbs lnb's they fit on the primestar mounts. The lnb's are waterproof already, the plastic is just for show. Now that I have them up and ready to go the question is... I have at present a sw64 to all legacy equipment. That gives me three inputs from the dishes which I have working on 110,119,148. How am I going to connect in the other two??? Anyone else doing this?

If you have any neighbors, do they think you're up to something?! ;)

~Alan

Don't have neighbors. It's two miles and a locked gate to get here. Besides everyone already knows I'm crazy. Gives them something to talk about. Wait'll they get a load of my next project!

Dish RX to SW-21 output. SW-21 input 1 from SW-64 output. SW21 input 2 from 105 lnb. Don't know how to get 5th lnb. (SW-21's can't be cascaded.)

justalurker said:
Here's a thought:
SW21 output to receiver
SW21 input #1 from SW64 output
SW21 input #2 from dual LNB on Dish500
SW64's three inputs: 61.5, 148, 105
This is untested, but it should work.

I have tried 105 on an SW64 and couldn't get the switch check to recognize it. The receiver WOULD recognize it when it was on input 2 of the SW21, though, so on my set-up I have 61.5/110/119, 61.5/110/119/105, 61.5/110/119/105 (Nr. 2) and 61.5/110/119/121 as my four outputs from my SW64 and three SW21's.

--- WCS

You need to have a dual polarity LNB for that Ku dish. The SW-64 won't let you use one with an internal switch. I have heard that the original Primestar LNBs with the two outputs work just fine with the SW64.

Had 119 into sw64 input 1
110 into sw64 input 2
105 into sw64 input 3
148 into two sw21's
another 148 into two sw21's
the 105 lnb was an Eagle Aspen P270KU. (two voltage switched outputs)
I think the sw64 is a bit picky about lnb's.
Took it down after E* changed their mind on the hd going to 105.

LOL!

I was thinking about the same thing regarding your neighbors.

Do you get gift certificates to therapists on your front door left by your neighbors?

That is funny.

I am just playing with you, but in all honesty that is the most dishes I have seen on residential property.

Many thanks to all who gave input to my problem. I am waiting for a spell of clear weather to try them out and will post the results. I realize that some of the locations are no longer necessary, but with the bouncing around of channels it gives me capacity to follow whatever Charlie decides to do in the future.

It would be interesting to see if you can get a five satellite setup with nothing but legacy equipment. At best supposedly DishPro equipment will only support four. I know how slow the guide is on my 2800 with only two sats. With five - I don't even want to think about it. :(

I guess I should maybe rethink what sats I really want to get. The sky is literally the limit as I have no neighbors within two miles. This is real boonies country, all utilities are self provided with a micro-cogen power system. I still have a 16 ft homemade dish that I built in the 80's along with lnb and receiver. Those were the days! Any way does anyone think that the fss dish is necessary? It seems to be fading away with the superdish requirement and hd going to 110/119. What's on any other dish that would be good for hidef? My new 9 ft. hidef ht is hungry for content. Dvd's are ok but don't have the pop that discovery etc. has.

Creekside said:
What's on any other dish that would be good for hidef?
Other than a grey BEV dish or Voom there really isn't anything else available. Conflicting rumors seem to be flying over SuperDish and HD. The old plan of 50 HDs on 105º just won't die, even though E* started moving them to 110º.

Keep the parts, maintain dishes pointed at 119º-110º and EITHER 61.5º or 148º (I prefer 61.5º - do both if you want timeshifted CBS). And watch the forums. If anything becomes active on 105º or 121º you can be SURE that someone will let you know!

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)