Super UHD video camera 12K 12,288 x 6,480 P

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
All we thought 8K was high enough!:) But wow and now we are going to 12K video rez, and with the new video codec coming out with H.266 version this might fit just right in satellite TV bands.:clapping

Of course we don't have 12k TV sets out yet, but there are plenty of 4k and very few 8k model TV sets out there.

Amost everything going to Star Trek technology!:cool:

Anyway, here's the link...:hatsoff

Have fun reading it!:biggrin

Reactions: FTA4PA
Too bad they didn't have all this tech back when my eyesight and hearing was much better. That comment reminds me of a Red Green episode when he said essentially the same the thing where he said he has twice the money so that he could afford the tech but half the hearing and eyesight.

This is for capturing video at 12K so that you have more room to play with settings when rendering out 4K.

Hot diggity, I'm agonna go right out and blow $10,000 on a 12k camera that I can't watch on any available TV. Yep, Yep, sure am! :coco

I sometimes think the world of video technology has lost it's marbles between resolutions no one can watch to ATSC 3 that no one really needs (or wants?) to the codec-of-the-month hustle. For crying in a bucket can we just let the dust settle for a while!

I think we are living in a era, that we are tripping over each others to get the highest holy grail technology and who's know what will bring next. :hungry

There was a time when I ran out to buy the latest and greatest tech but I've been very disappointed in the tech that's come out in the last 20 years. I suppose that if someone produced, say, a $1000 FTA receiver I might stop complaining. I paid $1000 for a DSR922 and I can't remember having any trouble with it. Too bad that rock solid tech has fallen by the wayside.....

Hot diggity, I'm agonna go right out and blow $10,000 on a 12k camera that I can't watch on any available TV. Yep, Yep, sure am! :coco

I sometimes think the world of video technology has lost it's marbles between resolutions no one can watch to ATSC 3 that no one really needs (or wants?) to the codec-of-the-month hustle. For crying in a bucket can we just let the dust settle for a while!

I agree with everything but ATSC 3. ATSC has really lagged behind in technology compared to everything else. It's 2020 and we're still using MPEG 2 technology (24 years old tech) on TVs equipped with 4k capability.

Reactions: Cham and N5XZS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts