Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So this year we had the Black Eye Peas for the SuperBowl Halftime show...

Got to admit when I heard that they were playing I said why them, they only have a few good songs... but was surprised as they do a bunch of songs and I didn't know it was them.

I thought the half time show was decent, although I think their sound guy did a bad job with the TV mix. It was good to see live singing instead of the Lip Sync we have seen in the years past. The halftime show seemed like a big party.

I love the cosumtes of the dancers with the lights, kind of cool how they got that all to work.

As far as staging goes it wasnt one of those wow stages like we have seen in previous years. in past yeat you took a look at the staging and lighting and you were like WOW how the hell did they set that up in just 10 minutes?!?!

So what do you think, were the Black Eyed Peas a good choice? And how did you think they did?

Last edited:
Not their best performance ever, but it was alright. I didn't really get the whole Usher appearance, but he's hot so it doesn't really matter. :D :D

The game was great. The halftime show sucked. Slash being there was cool until that singer butchered a GnR song with him. I guess Axel Rose wasn't there or he'd have come down from his seat and slapped her. :eek: LOL!

Bring back Paul McCartney or maybe Elton John; even AC/DC or ZZ Top (they're from Texas).

The halftime show was bad, I don't understand why she didn't sing her song that she recorded on slash's cd instead of the gnr song. Maybe because the gnr song is more popular.

The sound mixing was awful. It's possible that I would have enjoyed the show more if it had been properly done.

We turned it up and the kids went dance crazy, so it was a hit here. Yes, the sound mix was bad, but not the Peas fault. Also noticed the "V" never lit up properly.

I thought it sucked, like most Super Bowl half time shows do. A Fergie 'wardrobe malfunction' would have made the agony of it all worth it, but no such luck. How about we ditch these clown acts and get some real music, Metallica anyone? Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Zombie, now that would be some good stuff, enough with this teeny bop pop crap!

Steve Mehs said:
How about we ditch these clown acts and get some real music, Metallica anyone? Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Zombie, now that would be some good stuff, enough with this teeny bop pop crap!

Absolutely agree 100 percent on your band choices!

horrible show, way too much time spent on choreography and not enough on the music. even the whos show was much better, and thier over 60

im waitin for spinal tap :)

horrible show, way too much time spent on choreography and not enough on the music. even the whos show was much better, and thier over 60

im waitin for spinal tap :)

It has nothing to do with music. It's all about the choreography and flashy costumes. That's what all these type of performances are about, sadly. When was the last time Disturbed did a show with back up dancers?

I thought it sucked, like most Super Bowl half time shows do. A Fergie 'wardrobe malfunction' would have made the agony of it all worth it, but no such luck. How about we ditch these clown acts and get some real music, Metallica anyone? Metallica, Five Finger Death Punch, Zombie, now that would be some good stuff, enough with this teeny bop pop crap!

Yeah....right.... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)