Superbowl in HD?

I was upset when I heard that Fox had the superbowl this year. I live in the Terre Haute DMA, and I just purchased a new HDTV. I can pick up our local CBS affiliate (WTHI) in brilliant HD. LOOOVE the quality of the picture. But the NBC/Fox (WTWO/WFXW) are not broadcasting in digital yet (unless you count low power). So, I won't be able to see the superbowl in HD on our new HDTV this year. DANG IT!

As well as Tulsa. Another year of crappy Superbowl pq.

You won't miss anything if the weather turns crappy again and John Slater gets KOKI to drop the HD so he can run his little crawls like he did for the BCS title game. That sucked having black bars and weather crawls the entire game explaining people were in danger and they had to drop the hd so they could provide the very important storm warnings at the bottom of the screen.

In case anybody didn't know I HATE weathermen during primetime in Oklahoma.

As well as Tulsa. Another year of crappy Superbowl pq.

Hook up an OTA antenna. KOKI has the most powerful HD signal around, and the PQ is usually great. Just hope for good weather like the previous poster said.

Interesting that at the very start of the BCS title game, they appeared like they were going to show the game in HD without a crawl, but someone probably changed their mind. It's actually the FCC's fault more than the stations. They will (and have) fine stations for not showing crawls, or showing them just at commercials.

Fox HD is encoded for almost all stations nationally at the network and since there will be no need on the Fox satellite for alternate time zone feeds they should be able to provide an excellent picture to almost everyone.

Hook up an OTA antenna. KOKI has the most powerful HD signal around, and the PQ is usually great. Just hope for good weather like the previous poster said.

Interesting that at the very start of the BCS title game, they appeared like they were going to show the game in HD without a crawl, but someone probably changed their mind. It's actually the FCC's fault more than the stations. They will (and have) fine stations for not showing crawls, or showing them just at commercials.

He can't get it with OTA, he is way out on the fringe of the Tulsa DMA.

Your best bet is to find a friend with an Fox HD feed or goto a local Sports Bar that might have access to Fox HD via Directv or cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)