SuperDisc Alternative

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The setup is perfectly works now. But all that channels at 105 transmitted in test mode :(.

Anonymous said:
Just for clarification of possible substitute of Superdish:
using latest version SW 7.80 and 6000/8PSK model with regular 18' aimed to 148W and combined by SW21 with signal from other 1m dish with regular Ku LNBF (11.7-12.2 GHz, H/V switching by 13/18V from SW21) you will get all that test channels regardless type of modulation - QPSK,8PSK and turbo coding. Please, be aware - the channels could not be decoded if you have regular subscription.

I'm a bit confused. I thought the DishPro for 105 (and other birds) would require a bandstacked capable LNB, at least when used in conjunction with the DP 3:4 switch. I have a 1m KU dish with a regular KU LNB that I use to get PBS off of AMC3 with my Unity Motion STB. Are you saying that this same LNB will work with AMC2 at 105 with a DP 3:4 switch? If so, I could convert my current Dish 500 to a DishPro Twin and then feed a cable from the 1m Dish to the 3:4 switch. Alternatively, there is an old Starchoice LNB which is bandstacking capable and DisCq compatible that I was thinking might work with the 1 m dish aimed at 105.

Jerry G,

You missed one important point - a recipient of the HD channels from 105 sat only 6000 model for now.
So, using media devices what realize bandstacking technology totally unnessesary. Using switched LNBFs ( Ku and DSS ) and legacy switches for the the setup with 6000u more then enough.

Anonymous said:
Jerry G,

You missed one important point - a recipient of the HD channels from 105 sat only 6000 model for now.
So, using media devices what realize bandstacking technology totally unnessesary. Using switched LNBFs ( Ku and DSS ) and legacy switches for the the setup with 6000u more then enough.

OK. So are you saying that if I use a standard voltage switched LNB, which I currently have on my 1 meter dish which works with AMC3, would work with 105 in conjunction with my legacy dual Dish 500 and SW64 and that I wouldn't even need a Superdish? I believe that the 921 and 811 will work with legacy equipment. So would these new receivers also work with the setup I described?

Thanks.

I think the software will have to allow legacy (nonDishPro) lnbf's to work but am not sure (probably when it comes to the switching that is). I dont think you could use the DishPro switches with the legacy (nonDishPro) lnbf's.

Forget to mention, SW64 or SW4x _required_ dual output LNBF for connect, ie the switches lock each output of LNBF at one polarity by corresponding voltage 13/18V.

That's rules you should know before posting - don't mix legacy and DishPro LNBF/switches
and use DP adapter for legacy receivers.

Anonymous said:
Forget to mention, SW64 or SW4x _required_ dual output LNBF for connect, ie the switches lock each output of LNBF at one polarity by corresponding voltage 13/18V.

Of course. I completely forgot about that in thinking of the different schemes to use the larger dish for 105. It won't work with the SW64.

Ok, this is getting interesting for me as I have a bunch of stuff laying around.

I have a Winegard 1 meter dish with an Eagle/Aspen FSS LNB (previously used for Satmex5 to get Nebulink Satellite internet). I also have some spare SW21s (Legacy) around.

My question is - Can I cascade a port from my SW64(Legacy) plus the feed from the 1 meter (pointed to 105) into an SW21(Legacy) and then onto my 6000U? This is supposedly works for people needing a four dish setup. I beleive Metro25 did this to get 61.5/110/119/148. I want to get 61.5/105/110/119.

Is this a valid config?

My reason for doing all this instead of Superdish is that I have 3 legacy receivers (6000, 7100, 5000) and my Dish LNB's are on my Starband Dish.

Jay

Should works - at least it was normal setup for ppl subbing for local from 129W (Phila).

It works...I tested this setup the other day with a split 13/18v primestar LNB into 3A amd 3B on my SW64 and 61.5 on a sw21....

Wildkat said:
It works...I tested this setup the other day with a split 13/18v primestar LNB into 3A amd 3B on my SW64 and 61.5 on a sw21....

Hmmm. Very interesting. When you say "split 13/18 Primestar LNB", does the LNB have two F connectors or are you splitting a single cable from the Primestar LNB? Do you know of any dealers that sell the Primestar LNB?

I have the Unity Motion 1 meter dish with a standard Ku band LNB with one connector that I currently use to get PBS HD off of AMC3. I'm trying to think of a way to use this larger dish to get 105.

The 7100/7200 is not supported on 105. Looks like it might be supported on 121 someday.

How do I identify a FSS KU LNB as opposed to a Ku LNB. I tried the sw21 connection to a primestar dual connector LNB but didn't get anything to show up on 105. Is this one?

http://www.daveswebshop.com/asc321.shtml

I'm thinking of trying to mount this on the arm of the primestar feed arm.

Thanks for the help.

:?

Since the PrimeStar lnbf has two outputs on it (one for H - Horizontal and one for V - Vertical) you would have to get a certain type of switch that would combine those two into one wire to go to the sw-21 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts