Superdish 105 question

Voyager6

*Cancelled*
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 30, 2005
Wokeville
For those technical experts out there, can I replace the 105 LNB with a DP dual to pick up the 129 satellite? Or should I do the "Mad Scientist" hookup? I ask this because the Baltimore, MD locals on 105 will be moved to 110/119 (probably 110) shortly. My point dish screen indicates that I am receiving a strong signal for 129 (95 - 100). If I want to get HD, it would be pretty simple to swap out the LNBs rather than reinstall my old Dish 500. I don't know when the Balt. HD locals will be available or on which satellite, so I'd rather not point a dish at 61.5 yet. What do you guys think?

No because it would still be aimed at the 105 satellite. You could zip-tie it to the side of the 119 lnb and do the "Mad Scientist" hookup. You might need a thin spacer between the two lnbs but just experiment. Let us know your signal strengths when you complete this. If you get positive results then I might do the same.

Or, you could just dig up a single sat dish & aim it at 129 - much simpler than having to do "experiments" with ty-wrapping LNB's, etc. But, whatever floats your boat...

Dishrich is right. But if you LIKE to experiment and do things the hard way :rolleyes: , you could get 110, 119 and 129 by, in essence, turning your Superdish into a homemade Dish 1000. Only try this if you can fabricate the necessary LNB holders and brackets. Let the LNB for 119 be at the center position and then experiment and find the LNB positions that give you the best signal strenth for 110 on one side of the center LNB and for 129 on the other side. Use the Dish 1000 elevation and skew numbers for you zip code.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)