superdish 121 install tomorrow hopefully

runningman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2003
Dish called today and confirmed somone is indeed going to keep this superdish install date (third one) scheduled for tomorrow. My question is this. I currently have a dish 5000 and a 501. With the 5000 soon to be offline and on to e-bay I am planning on purchasing a 721. Do I need a new lnb from the installers while they are here? I have a quad (i think)from my 2 year old install. Should I get a dish pro lnb with the install or buy it when i order a 721?
Any thoughts?

runningman said:
Dish called today and confirmed somone is indeed going to keep this superdish install date (third one) scheduled for tomorrow. My question is this. I currently have a dish 5000 and a 501. With the 5000 soon to be offline and on to e-bay I am planning on purchasing a 721. Do I need a new lnb from the installers while they are here? I have a quad (i think)from my 2 year old install. Should I get a dish pro lnb with the install or buy it when i order a 721?
Any thoughts?

The SuperDish is DishPro.

What they will do is take down the Dish 500 and replace it with the SuperDish. The 3 lines form the SD will go to a DP34 switch, which will give you up to 4 outputs off that one dish. Since the 5000 is still active, they will supply a DishPro adapter.

So, no you will not need another LNB. The SD will support everything you will need.

runningman said:
With the 5000 soon to be offline and on to e-bay I am planning on purchasing a 721.

RunningMan,

Mark at DishDepot.com e-mailed me on Thursday with "Price Reductions". The 721 was listed as a unit that he was selling at a reduced price.

Just thought you may want to check it out! :D

Spence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)