Superdish and FTA receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rj321

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
I am going to get a superdish installed by dish network so that I can get my locals. I am thinking about having a second receiver line installed for a FTA receiver. Will the FTA work on the superdish without modifications to the antenna. If so which mods are needed. I am not interested in modifying the receiver in anyway. Thanks

I dont think it will work since its a DishPro lnbf, especially considering its connected to a DP-34 switch. Now if you put legacy lnbf's on it with a legacy switch and had a dual lnbf at the 105 location then you could use the other dual output for your FTA receiver.

Or possibly strap a standard LNB to the right side to get 103'. (if locals are on 105)

Depends on how far you need to have the offset to get it.

Its not something that a newbie (like me) would be willing to do.

And since it wouldn't be movable, it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

no it won't work (correctly)
Since Dish uses the same frewquencies for 110, 119, 61.5 & 148, when you put in 12224, with the DP34 switch, it doesnt know to go to 110 or 119 (or 61.5/148 if you had that)

Best option would be to get a separate 30" dish.

Superdish working with FTA?

I have a superdish installed by dishnetwork so that I can get my 4 international channel (TV5, ABN, Trace, Telesud). I am thinking about having FTA receiver line installed. Will the FTA work or not on the superdish without modifications to the antenna?

Do I need to interrupt me service or keep it? will I get international channels from Europe, Asia and Africa, if so what do I have to do? Can dishnetwork find out that I am getting free channels? If so which mods are needed? I am interested in modifying the receiver if necessary.

Thanks

Hello and WELCOME home to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

I would recommend a completely separate FTA system, that way you can keep the pay channels that you have right now. With a motorized system you will get channels from all over the world.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=34538

FTA is 100% legal so its got NOTHING to do with Dishnotwork that you are receiving FTA channels. And a Dishnotwork receiver will NOT work for FTA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)