SUPERDISH and how it will affect me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

notorious

Original poster
Oct 14, 2003
Hi, I need a few clarifications.

First this is my current setup.

2 Dishes on the roof. 1 Mainly for an International channel and the other for regular programming.

I have a 501 but will definetly upgrade to the 921 as I have a 48" HDTV in waiting!

My question. Where does the Superdish fit in on this? I dont want a 3rd (!!!) dish on my house. I just want to get my 1 International channel along with all the HD programming available. Can I do that with the 2 dishes I already have?

If not what will I need to do.

THANKS!!! I APPRECIATE YOU ANSWERS!!

You will need to replace your Dish 500 with the SuperDish. When the DP+44 switch comes out you will need that so you can hook in your 61.5 or 148 dish to get your one international channel. :)

The DP+44 switch will be out after the 1st of the year. :)

So I will still need to have 2 dishes up there or will the superdish grab the International channel also, whic I believe is in 61.5.

Whats the cost of the DP+44? Did I hear right yesterday when they said the Superdish is a free Upgrade? I have the America 150 pack, does that make a difference on the price?

Thanks again!

You will need two dishes on the roof, the SuperDish and the existing Dish that gets your international channel.

THe cost of the DP+44 is unknown.

The Superdish is a free upgrade if you subscribe to AT 50 or better plus agree to 1 year of the Dish HD pak.

Along these same lines, this is where I am and where I would like to be:

Have: Dish 500 feeding a 3800 receiver. Getting Philadelphia local channels, but only the major networks (big 4 + PBS, WB, UPN) and not the local independents. S-Video from the 3800 goes to my Mitsu 48 HD, coax goes upstairs to an old set. We use the receiver to watch something upstairs if the Mitsu is being used for a DVD, video game, etc.

Planning to get: SuperDish to replace the Dish 500, and the new PVR 921. I would like to move the 3800 upstairs to the old TV, and I was thinking of splitting the incoming coax from the SuperDish between the two receivers. Hoping to do this with the coax run I already have in place for the 3800 output.

Questions: 1) Does this make sense as is? 2) What is this DP 44 switch I’m hearing about, and will I need it? 3) Is there any easy way of knowing if the independent local channels are going to be available via SuperDish?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!
P.

You will need the DP-44 switch if you need four orbital locations (105, 110, 119, 121 OR 61.5 OR 148) four of these orbital locations. It will also have four outputs for four receivers. The dual tuners will have a special splitter that will allow it to split the signal at the receiver for the two tuners and this will work only for the dual tuner receivers and not two single tuner receivers.

I imagine they will have all independent channels on 105 if the other local channels are going to be at that location as well.

You will need the SuperDish if you want the internation channels at 121 in the future, HD, or locals if it will require the SuperDish.

Stargazer said:
You will need the DP-44 switch if you need four orbital locations (105, 110, 119, 121 OR 61.5 OR 148) four of these orbital locations. It will also have four outputs for four receivers. The dual tuners will have a special splitter that will allow it to split the signal at the receiver for the two tuners and this will work only for the dual tuner receivers and not two single tuner receivers.

I imagine they will have all independent channels on 105 if the other local channels are going to be at that location as well.

You will need the SuperDish if you want the internation channels at 121 in the future, HD, or locals if it will require the SuperDish.

One thing I don't understand is how a splitter on a single feed to a dual tuner receiver will work....Say if I'm recording a channel program from 110 would I be able to watch on the second tuner another channel coming from 119.....

Instead of sending all 32 (even and odd) transponders from a single satellite, it will send 16 from one and 16 from the other as requested by each tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts