SuperDish and Voom

wildcatman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2004
Hi Guys,

I am hoping someone can explain this to me in plain English.

I have a SuperDish with two receivers (an 811 and a 510). I have a DP34 Switch (not sure what that does) and an additional LNB (Dish Pro part # 151019) to receive my Chattanooga, TN locals.

I am subscribed to AT 120 and the HD pack.

Is there a way to add the Voom channels without adding another dish? I currently have the SuperDish and a Direcway dish, so I do not want my house to look like NASA.

I am sure that this has been answered already, but I need the "dummy" version.

Thanks for your help.

You need a dish pointed at 61.5 ... a third dish considering your Directway setup.

If you just care about HD off of 61.5 you can add a DP21 between your DP34 and 811 to mix the new dish in to your system.

See the sticky for installation wiring.

JL

hello I have superdish with locals. My son has a super dish at his house that has been disconnected. I also still have my Voom dish pointed at 61.5. Are there any parts that I can use from my son's superdish to get Voom channels?If so what do I need to hook it up? I don't know much about this. Thanks

wildcatman:
The DP34 is used to control and combine the signals from the 3 LNBs on the StupiDish. JL gave you the answer.

nanaberry:
Not really. the side LNB could be used for 61.5 but you still need a E* Dish300 - or whack the heck out of the V* dish arm and use a bunch of duct tape & baling wire. ;)

Even then, you still need another switch. If you have only one HD tuner (ie. 811), a DP21 will do the job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)